Think I have too much milk! Help!

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hey guys, feel a bit daft moaning about this as I know it would be awful if I didnt have enough, but I think I'm producing too much milk.
When LO starts feeding it literally pours out of me, if she lets go she gets covered as it sprays out of the side shes feeding on! Like at pressure! Is this normal??? I'm am constantly changing my breast pads as they get soaked through really quickly. Tried the washable ones and its just the same. I just feel damp all the time :( its horrid! Im getting through 2 bras a day as well as t-shirts as I'm just soaked within an hour or so. Im not expressing, just feeding her every couple of hours. Not sure whether to express to relieve the pressure as was worried this would just make it worse. Am off to change the bed now as I woke up soaked, have soaked the duvet and the sheet :(
Its really annoying! Anyone had any experience of this, or have any ideas to help?

I had that hun, i ended up expressing at least a 6oz bottle before feeds just to stop paige choking!

it will eventually slow down and sort itself out tho and then you will produce what baby needs x

yeh she does choke occasionally, is it coz my milk is flowing too fast? was worried about expressing incase i produced even more!

No i found that after a week or two it actually settled down even though i was expressing milk. xx

ooh may try that then :) least OH can give her the expressed in a bottle as well. Problem is if he does a feed like that then I get so full it pours out of me and my boobs are like rocks!

I had that problem and it settled to an amount he needs, but i still have a fast flow and he still end up with milk squirting at him if he comes off but that's only at the start of a feed.

1 boob used to fill him for 3 hours... now he takes both per feed. I didn't express much but wish i had so i could of froze it for later need
I was told to slouch a little when feeding so it doesn't squirt and choke him but flows in his mouth for him to drink

Xx

I had that problem and it settled to an amount he needs, but i still have a fast flow and he still end up with milk squirting at him if he comes off but that's only at the start of a feed.

1 boob used to fill him for 3 hours... now he takes both per feed. I didn't express much but wish i had so i could of froze it for later need
I was told to slouch a little when feeding so it doesn't squirt and choke him but flows in his mouth for him to drink

Xx

express. you can always donate the extra milk to the special care unit at your local hospital if you cant use it.

express. you can always donate the extra milk to the special care unit at your local hospital if you cant use it.

That's a really good idea, do I just ring them and offer it, I'm producing so much it would nice to think I can help other babies as well :D

yeah id ring the hosp and ask, they can at least point you in the right direction and then they can tell you how u go about it. there was a big poster in my hosp about doing that and someone on here said she used to do it and they would come n pick up the milk from her as its so good for the lil babies in the nicu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back