oox_tasha_xoo

Reaction score
Hiyaaaa!
Here's my problem...
I went to meet my midwife for the first time 2 weeks ago,
she calculated my due date by the first day of my last period
which was 11th july , so that would make me roughly 15 weeks now
But at my dating scan i was told to be only 11 weeks 4 days
Has anyone had a wrong dating scan before?
I only ask because baby kept scrunching up whenever it was measured!
So wondered if there was possible chance of a mistake
Also i've been told babies dont start sucking their thumbs til about 14 weeks
and in dating scan the picture is so clear, you can see lil bubba sucking its thumb hehe
Am i being silly lol!
Thanks XX

hi

i went for my scan last week and from the dates me and midwife worked out i was 13+ weeks but at the scan i was told i was only 11 weeks, my LMP was 14th july. i think maybe it could just be a small bubs, they might change the dates when you go for your next scan, it depends if it measures the size of a baby that is the amount of weeks that it is being worked out at. so confusing i know

Same here, my LMP was 13th July and we worked out my due date as 19th of April because i was regular like clockwork, when i went for my scan i had a awfully rude woman who was mad because we had taken our son, the scan literally lasted 3 minutes if that, she said i was 10+4 and not 12+2. I think she didn't do it right to be honest. I'm hoping it will get sorted out on my next scan. Unlike you i don't have a picture to show my midwife so she can see it looked like a baby older than 10 weeks, the woman wouldn't give me one :(

Why don't you talk to your midwife about it? I'm going to at my next appointment at 15/16weeks. If you think you're that far gone already i'd book in to see her and tell her.

The thing is, dating scans are done at around 12 weeks as this really is the best time to gauge how old baby is in there. Usually just under 5cm iirc. Or thereabouts. It actually becomes more difficult to date as pregnancy progresses as later on babies progress and grow at varying rates. Up till the dating scan is when its the most universal size to work from.

I'd talk to your MW.

something sorta similar happened to me..

I had my dating scan on October 17th. I was told I was 9+1, and due on May 25th. That was all she said the entire time. She wasn't even going to tell me the results until I asked (as I was putting on my jacket to leave).

When I got home I checked on every single online due date calculator and they all said that if I am 9+1 then I am due on May 22nd, and if I am due on the 25th I would only be 8 weeks pregnant.

I decided to believe that I am 9+1 and that she just calculated the due date wrong, but I found the whole experience really frustrating. She said nothing the whole time, leaving me to believe that she couldn't find the baby and that I had miscarried or something, and then didn't provide accurate information. I'm concerned that she just messed the whole thing up and my weeks aren't accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back