Help....rolling onto tummy in cot

pinkymum

Reaction score
Emily is now on a roll so to speak! She's started to wake at 5.30 again or just s bit earlier for a feed. She is in bed most nights sleeping for half 7.
Anyway the problem is when she's waking like just now I woke hearing her stir through the monitor - I sometimes used to leave her for a bit but I went through and she was on her side practically hugging one of the bars of her cot. I went down stairs to put the kettle on, was away for a minute heard her crying, came back up and she was face down, arm stocking out the bars and seemed stuck. She couldn't get herself back round again. When I lifted her out of the cot she was breathing rapidly and crying but eyes shut.

She's doing this at the bottom of the cot and she seems to have a bit of a cold. People have suggested rolling up blankets but I'm worried she turn on her side and tummy and gets caught up in them. I didn't buy cot bumpers, and even with cot bumpers this isnt going to prevent her from rolling on and her tummy and either getting stuck or being too tired to get hersel onto her back again. Any suggestions girls? I'm now worried about putting her back down after this feed.

X x x x

Hey pinky mum have a look in a large Mothercare or equivalent. I think there is something..so with small blankets you roll them into a sausage and place either side of baby to stop baby rolling either way....this gadget is a purpose made foam thing I seem to remember that does the same without you worrying the blanket coming unraveled and them getting tangled up in them I will research as well xxx

its an Anti Roll Pillow have found them on ebay and it will cost no more than £6 xxx

Thanks hun will look into that. I got a cot bumper yesterday and also rolled up two blankets. Just been woken up by her at half 4 :yawn: she's now putting her face into the blankets!!!! And she's hungry. Oh I can't wait till she sleeps through! I'm Knackered!!!!! X x x x

Oh those early days are hard arent they ...Ive got it to come again arrrggggghhhhh haha xxxx

Try putting the blankets under the sheet, she won't be able to get caught up in the and they will stay in place a bit better! That's what I did, seemed to work for me!
Hope you manage to sort it soon hun!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back