help refusing fluids :(

Babylicious

Reaction score
for that last two days harrison has had less than 12 ounces of fluid per day, he took 4 oz milk yesterday morning and 5 ounces last night plus 3oz of water during the day, he screams at milk during the day and pushed his beaker away :( i'm watering down his meals to hydrate him and giving him yoghurts

what else can i do?

oh and ive tried giving him it on a spoon but he wont have that! hes eating solids as normal :think:

ky has days like this. it does frustrate me but i guess hes getting enough fluid. im sure if he was thirsty he'd drink. they seem to have stages where they go off milk. Kys quiet small and a slow weight gainer so it does concern me at times. and just as i start to get worried he'll guzzle a huge bottle then cry for more :roll: i wouldnt worry too much unless it continues for a more than several days then i guess a visit to your HV would be the best option for professional advice? :think:

I hope things are better now and you're at ease with his intake Babylicious :hug: :hug: :hug: Sending very best wishes, ask for advice from your GP or HV or NHS Direct if you get anymore concerned :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back