• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help - refusing a bottle

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been giving Logan a bottle every other night just after his bath, this has helped me with my PND as I have felt less pressurised and more able to relax and have a little bit of me time.

However this week he has point blank refused the bottle and we have had hysterics! Now I am due back at work at the end of May and I had hoped to get Logan onto formula (for daytime feeds) by then -

any ideas on how to get him to take a bottle?!

I did manage to get him to drink 2oz last night by slipping the bottle in when he was sleepy from breastfeeding but I tried that tonight and it didn't work! I am now feeling very pressurised and stressed because I need my little man to take a bottle becasue of the work situation....

what milk and bottles are you using???? and have you tried using part breastmilk to part formula?

we use expressed breast milk and Avent bottles. This has worked well in the past he was drinking 4oz happily with a number 2 teat.

now he has just refused! I do have other varieties of bottles and teat ( Dr browns, Breastflow, tommee tipple breats one) Do you think I should go back to trying different ones?

it may be worth changing the bottle :)

i was using tommee tippee ones and madi refused them :| so i tried chicco ones and they worked a treat!!!!

hope everything works out :D

Hi hun, not to get you depressed but Otis did the samething but only went he was nearly 6 months! Ever since he was 2 weeks old we gave him a bottle of EBM every night before bed and it was never a problem, he just gobbled the whole thing and suddenly out of no where he started acting up and pushing the bottle away :roll: , and now only has boob!!!! I did the samething as you sneaking the bottle in when he was getting very tired and at most he'd only take 2oz!!!
Fortunately I had started weaning him so during the day when he eats I do give him a sippy cup which he does drink from. I haven't tried putting any EBM in it but maybe that's something you could try?? But other than the sippy cup he only drinks from the boob.
Also have you got someone else that can give him his bottle at night (OH)? I only tired this once (OH giving him his bottle) and it didn't work but maybe if you try it a few times he might give in, maybe you could try giving formula instead of EBM so he does associate it with your breast milk??
Good luck hun and try not to get too stress about it, things will work out in the end just take it one day at a time :hug: .

Try not to worry, its not pleasant but if by the time you go back to work he is still refusing you can go cold turkey and refuse to get the boob out. If you look online this is recommended and baby will always give in when they are hungry even if they don't eat much for a day. Perhaps you could go out for a day and leave your OH to it? If you are not around Logan will probably take the bottle. I know how it is though Leorah has her last 2 feeds of the day from my DH and if he's not around it is hit or miss whether she'll take a bottle from me :roll:

I know what you mean about the "me time" , I love my evenings and it really helps after a stressful day to have DH take over. I hope it works out :hug:

I went out for 2 hours this afternoon and Logan took 4oz from my mum no bother! But hubby has tried and has had no luck! This proves to me that Logan can and will take from a bottle he just doesn't want to take from us!

I think perseverence is needed! Little B*gger! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back