Refusing bed time bottle and question about dropping a feed?

X5OT

Reaction score
Was wondering if you guys cld give me some advice pls? Jenna's day looks like this:
0630 (ish) wake up
0700 breakfast: 5oz formual in bottle and 2oz formula mixed with cereal (organix / half a weetabix)
0800 - 0900 ish: nap time
0930: 5oz formula
1100 - 1200 ish: nap time
12ish: lunch - always has a meat / fish with veg main course followed by a yogurt and/or fruit. Water to drink
1430 ish: bottle - takes about 3oz
1700 ish: dinner - one course usually veg & fruit mix
1815 ish: bath
1840 ish: bottle - often refuses
1900: bed

Jenna often refuses her bedtime bottle - I am wondering whether this is due to (1) either not being hungry enough for it and/or (2) just being too tired to have it

Am also wondering where I am supposed to start 'cutting out' a bottle. I have read that she must get at least 500ml milk a day until 1 year old, so not sure where I can cut one out as some days she only takes 14/15oz (420 - 450mls)

Thanks in advance!

I would say that so long as her milk intake averages out over the week (some days she'll have 450, others 550) then I wouldn't worry about her having less.

The main thing for milk is to get calcium for her bones and teeth but if she's eating yoghurts and other dairy then I would just follow her lead and if she doesn't want the bedtime bottle, don't give her it. See how she goes. If she's putting weight on and is happy and content then you're doign the right thing!

Hi Becky - thanks for your reply :D Am goin gto have her weighed next week as she hasn't been weighed for about 5 wks. She seems happy and still sleeping thru the night so I can't complain. I am thinking about adding a yogurt in after her dinner as well (ie give her a bigger dinner as I know she willrefuse her bedtime bottle). I think she is refusing it coz she doesn't want to go to bed!

We were having the same problem..she was feeding little and often. I don't know if this is any help but Evie's routine is now

7.30am - 7oz milk and porridge
11.30am - lunch with dessert
3.30pm - 9oz milk
7.30pm - 9oz milk

She was having 4 bottles a day and drinking less in each one so I dropped the milk at 11.30am and just gave her food and now she takes more with each bottle.

She's been much happier with this routine and she takes a good feed from her bottle everytime now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back