9 month old not wanting her solids??

littleem

Reaction score
Just wanted to post as bethany is now 9 months old and has been weaned since 6 months, she has 3 meals a day and 3 bottles a day she used to love her food everything we gave her she ate, now she spits everything out or wont even open her mouth, not sure what to do???

have you tried letting her feed herself? some babies just want to be independent quicker then others and want to control everything lol.

Yep what Beanie said :)
Calleigh went off all her food when she was poorly before christmas. She now will not allow me to feed her the food that requires a spoon now.
So now she generally just has finger foods, which is almost everything and she occasionally will accept her fave yogurt from a spoon.
She doesnt eat huge amounts but is just fine on what she does eat so i am just leaving her to it as long as she is happy and healthy :)

charlie84 said:
Yep what Beanie said :)
Calleigh went off all her food when she was poorly before christmas. She now will not allow me to feed her the food that requires a spoon now.
So now she generally just has finger foods, which is almost everything and she occasionally will accept her fave yogurt from a spoon.
She doesnt eat huge amounts but is just fine on what she does eat so i am just leaving her to it as long as she is happy and healthy :)
Violet is exactly the same as this.....she'll eat yoghurt from a spoon and that's it!!!!!! :wall: She also stops eating when she is coming down with a cold or something so it maybe that too hun. :hug:

Yes she does seem to have gotten more independant, but we have never really thought about finger foods so have no idea what to give her

I know how you feel...I'm trying to think of new things to give my LO, this is what she'll eat at the moment....violet will eat toast, sandwiches cut up into small soilders, rice crackers, bread sticks, cooked carrot sticks, shreddies ( but only with a bit of milk on so they can still be eaten as a finger food!! :wall: ) pieces of fruit...banana, grapes, peach etc .. :D

littleem said:
Yes she does seem to have gotten more independant, but we have never really thought about finger foods so have no idea what to give her

if you take a look at the BLW blog in this section you can find some ideas what BLWing mums have given their LO's for finger food :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back