• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help please :(

laura dec 1988

Reaction score
hey girls,

i need advice plz. Evie is 3 weeks old now and i dont think her milk is agreeing with her!! shes on cow and gate at mo. over the few days shes just been really grouchy and is having problems passing her poo's, to the point were iv had to hold her legs up to her tummy whlst she pushes to help her get it out! its awful. she just seems whingy. she always gets properly winded.....i can just tell its not right.

Im thinkin of changin her to aptimel as iv heard its the best and a few friends have changed there babies onto it and say they saw a change straight away??

what u think??

xxxx

You could try aptamil. But are you sure she might not need prescription milk from the doctor??

shes feedin n winding fine. its just wen she poos, n like i sed shes been grouchy,gunna try some boiled water with a bit of gripe water in it x

See how that goes. Might just be the formula not agreeing with her if you change it and it doesnt improve then take her to the doctors x

When I moved Harrison onto formula I used Aptamil and found it really good - no probs at all xxx

I used Aptamil when my Evie went onto formula, we had no issues with the milk itself, it's very gentle on the tummy. She did suffer from constipation last summer though due to the heat. Try a tiny bit of fresh orange juice or prune juice in cool boiled water, tummy massage (your HV can show you how to do this) or if she still can't go your GP can give you some baby lactulose. We had to have this in the end as we tried everything and Evie still couldn't poo, she only needed one dose and it sorted her out and she's been fine since. I think the heat really affects them when they are tiny, my Evie was also really grumpy when she had this. Hope it gets sorted soon xx

i'm breastfeeding and i have the same problem with my ickle man! when i asked the doctor about it he said just give him some water. so i'm gonna see how that goes. but yeah, Riley finds it really hard to poo! he looks so in pain when he pushes, but it's all sloppy like it's meant to be and the right colour, lol! doctor said that's normal for babies to look in pain and push hard though :/ so who knows! aptamil is supposed to be the best though so try that :) xxx

How strange for the doc to say give water for a breast fed baby as the fore milk is likethe water and the hind is like the food when I had this prob with zander I was just told to up my fluids so there is more milk production and he was ok after a week.
I used aptimil when I switched zander and he never had any probe poohing where as I never tried it with bella and she had troubles worth a shot x

i know i thought that after midwife told me breast milk is all you need! so we asked the doc that and he was like. no he can have water if he's having trouble pooing. there is water in breast milk. that's all he said though! it's annoying when health professionals conflict eachother!

i posted a thread like this the other day as joshua has same trouble. went 2 hospital 2day n hes on soya milk now. if he doesnt take 2 that its presciption milk! so maybe best goin 2 docs or speakin 2 health visitor aswell xxx

There is another milk that Cow and Gate sell which used to be called Omneo Comfort but I think its just Comfor now in a yellow box which is easier on their digestion. We swopped Charlie to the Comfort milk when he was 3 weeks old cos he was getting really nasty colic and this seemed to settle things down better, is also good for their poos too

i'm breastfeeding and i have the same problem with my ickle man! when i asked the doctor about it he said just give him some water. so i'm gonna see how that goes. but yeah, Riley finds it really hard to poo! he looks so in pain when he pushes, but it's all sloppy like it's meant to be and the right colour, lol! doctor said that's normal for babies to look in pain and push hard though :/ so who knows! aptamil is supposed to be the best though so try that :) xxx

That is strange as breast milk should provide all the water / milk etc baby needs. When they are tiny they do look like they are struggling to go and in pain when they do go, but as long as his poo is normal then I wouldn't worry unless it is hard or like tiny pebbles etc (sorry if tmi). They do pull very funny faces at that age :) xx

thanks! i've not give him any water anyway just in case. he just seems very needy when he is pooing tho its awful to watch! i have been a bit constipated with my poos too. (TMI!) so think i will have to get some fibre in our diet! his poos are fine and yellow tho and sloppy ;) lol! xx

i had the same trouble hun i switched Ethan from cow and gate first milk to cow and gate comfort milk and it worked after about a week plus i was giving him 2oz of cooled boiled water with a little apple juice in. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back