In two minds..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Alanna keeps getting her legs stuck through the side of the cot when shes trying to climb out. I have to get her free like 3 times a night, everytime she is screaming and its getting harder to get her legs out now shes gettin chubbier!! :wall2:

Ive had a google.. and it seems everyone else with this problem just put their LO into a toddler bed, which im not opposed to doing, but how would I teach her to stay in the bed!?

Also.. How do I teach her that she has to get away from the bedroom door for me to open it :wall2: ?? She will sit RIGHT behind it, and then get upset cause im not coming to get her, but i cant open the door!! I cant leave it open and just have a gate because her door keeps out a lot of household noise when shes sleeping ((there are 5 other people in the house lol, none of which goto bed at 5 :p))

Have you thought about a sleep bag? Sofia was always getting her flipping legs stuck so I put her in the gro bags and she doesnt do it anymore! Mainly cos she physically can't! X

What about that breathable mesh stuff? Like a bumper but if they get their faces in it, it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
She used to wear sleeping bags, But she HATES them now, shes walking so anything thats "restricting" she hates.

And I heard about those mesh things.. But cant find them out here :(

If you thought it was worth a go and preferred to try that over moving her into the toddler bed, is there no one who could buy it and send you it, or would that take too long?

Definatly thinking about it, Things can take a couple months to get here though, theres no actual postal service >.< Just independant companys

Ooft, bloody hell, that's no good then, by the time it gets to you you'll have (presumably) found another solution.

um, hard one chick, but, depending on door frame etc, can you not reverse the door? ie having it open outward rather than "into" the bedroom? that way when you go in if she is sat behind door etc you can still get to her ok? Just a thought... failing that I would suggest the mesh etc, or swap the cot for a "travel cot" which has the mesh which means you are avoiding putting her in a toddler bed too soon? Don't know if that helps at all? xx

Ohh i didnt think about reversing the door! That could work if i can get the ok, we are renting.

I thought of the travel cot.. she can actually get out of that >.< its not as deep as her cot lol

ah, i should see if you can reverse the door hun... landlord should be understanding enough to let you do that...

shame about the travel cot although the one I have is double the "depth" of Layla's normal cot... as a shorty I struggle to get her in her travel cot lol ;-) xx

Could you put a todler bed guard inside the cot bed at the side, they have mesh sides, we have one on our bed when I'm bed feeding.

You could do door open out and baby gate on inside too? Devon sleeps with a cd player every night on the floor near cot, playing seashore and heartbeat noise, we won it before he was born but it's been a godsend , masks most of the older kids going to bed , toilet noise just outside our room while door ajar. I leave it on at night - really quite relaxing fork adults after a year too!!

Our bedroom door was reversed to gain space for the cotbed, which you really do. Wever just brought two gates this week, one fokr this door:lol:

Last edited:
Thansk JJ, I didnt think about putting a guard inside the cot!!

She has never been keen on bedtime music or anything.. prefers silence heh but worth a shot , thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back