Help needed re TomTom's

lozzi

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a Tom Tom... but there two im choosing between is really confusing me.. (and yes i know it doesnt take much)

this one..

http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add ... =439128914

and this one...

http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add ... =434529388

what im tryin to work out is...

have both got the traffic thing?

one clearly states free lifetime traffic thing but the other refers to: "Best Traffic: With flexible routing."

does that mean they both have traffic? :think:

also...

One says nothing about were its for.... and one says UK and republic of ireland

are they both going to be UK + ireland?

arghhh im so simple sometimes...

someone out there must know...??

thanks in advance

I've got TomTom - It's BRILLIENT (and soooooo cheap now!!) LOL

The difference is,

One does UK
One does UK & Ireland
One does UK, Ireland & Europe
One does the whole world

It's up to you which to choose to suit your needs, we have the European one as we go to France etc occassionally too and its then super handy.

Pop into somewhere like Halfords and they will fully explain everything to you but basically they all do the same thing just cover extra areas the more fancy they make themselves out to be.

If your not leaving the uk with it just go for the basic one, they all do the whole road mapping thing and you can then add on extras like registering for updates, i.e. motorway roadworks, delays, traffic jams and what not - you can also set them to tell you when your approaching a speed camera!! :wink:

We have the second one and it is fab, although we bought ours in the states so it came with the USA loaded on it.

You get a USB connection to link it to your computer and you can add different countries maps (like we did for the UK).

I'm not an expert when it comes to these things, it was Brian that said it was the better of them when we got it :think:

1st one is UK only and traffic for free :cheer:

2nd is uk & ireland but you would have to pay for traffic seperate.

Ive never used traffic on mine, i never rememeber to take my phone :rotfl: I think mine came with europe too. but dont know which model it is, but its a fair few years old now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back