help.. iv just eaten something gross..

leckershell

Reaction score
DSC00761.jpg

This was a frozen drumstick, you know the southern fried chicken type ones? Got it from Aldi for my lunch, they were in the freezer section. Aldi's less than 5 minutes away and I came home and put them straight in the oven.

I've just eaten this one and it has blood in the middle. Frozen chicken pieces are meant to be cooked first though aren't they? I dabbed the cotton pad on it to make sure it really was blood and it wasn't just hard red bits.. and as you can see yes it's blood :(

First thing... should I take it back to the shop (potentially embarrasing?!) for the sake of £2 something and not sure I fancy another packet to be honest. Or should I send it to the people that made them? In a food bag with a photo in case it's gone rank by the time it gets there? I (greedy) cooked the whole bag of them for lunch but that was the first one I ate... should I cut the others open too?

Second thing... do you think the fact that I ate that will make me ill? I feel ok at the mo but I did literally only just eat it. If there is a chance I might get ill, should I give Ryan formula until I know if I am ok or not since I don't want him to get food poisoning..

All suggestions welcome... :(

Michelle, I feel sick :puke: :puke: :puke:

That looks pretty rank.

I really don't know what to advise regarding sending it back etc, but I'm pretty sure that even if you do have food poisoning, it wouldn't get into your milk. The bacteria would be in your digestive tract and can't get into the milk.

Are you sure the one you ate was bloody? Somehow I reckon you would have noticed, right? Maybe it's just that one that's dodgy and you'll be OK. Pink chicken aint good...........

I think you'll be OK; but it usually takes a couple of hours for symptoms to start.

Hope you're OK.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww hun i think you should send em back, big hugs hunny :hug:

:puke: Shell thats gross! Now do you understand my oversion to chicken we were talking about the other day?????
I would definately complain!!!!!!
As for breast feeding, I really don't know, you only ate a little bit, the chances of anything nasty getting to Ryan are pretty minimal I would think? :think:

Sammystar said:
Are you sure the one you ate was bloody? Somehow I reckon you would have noticed, right? Maybe it's just that one that's dodgy and you'll be OK. Pink chicken aint good...........

I wasn't paying attention to it but it tasted sort of metallic and weird so I looked at it and that's what I saw looking back at me :( that's why I obviously haven't finished devouring it :D

Even if it ent blood, there is some liquid on it that's red and isn't chinese flavouring and was inside the chicken not on the top of it :(

So I'd say blood :(

Hmmm, does it say it was pre-cooked on the pack? And to cook from frozen?

I'm always wary of frozen chicken and only buy it when I know I'll be defrosting it and cooking from that point . Looks to me like they were raw before cooking, although hard to know for sure.

Keep an eye on how you feel. If you do have an adverse reaction to it, chances are it'll happen sooner rather than later. If the meat you ate was cooked, you should be ok. That looks to me like the meat right on the bone was bloody. But leg meat usually cooks well so I'd try not to panic.

I'd go back to the shop and show them what you've just bought from there and tell them to take it off the shelves just incase anymore are like that.
Then i'd definitely send it back the company that makes them.

If you haven't eaten a lot of it you should be ok although it does take a few hours to get through your system.

:hug: :hug:

I just broke open a thigh and it had a proper chicken fillet thingy in it, uncooked like the ones you get in the butchers. The packet said to cook until no pink meat remains and juices run clear.

So it's probably my own fault even though I did cook them for the time it said, I should have put a knife in to check the juice was clear?

That's so random I would never have thought to do that to frozen chicken and I've never had a problem with those specific chicken pieces before. :(

I think you'll be ok hun as you didn't eat alot. My Mum had her friends over with their kids a few years ago and when we went into the kitchen we found her 4 year old licking a fresh Turkey that had been defrosting in the kitchen...he was fine :lol:

Ewww....looks gross.

I reckon you'll be ok though,just drink loads of water or something

:puke: damn frozen chicken

I think you should complain, but possibly to the company itself rather than the shop. The shop might listen and do nothing. Raw chicken fromt eh butcher doesn't look bloody like that so neither should inside your drumstick - I think they drain the blood from the chickens or something like that.
:hug:

I kind of have a phobia about this :shock:

It just looks undercooked to m, but then again I know bugger all :lol: How long did you cook them for? :think:

omg :puke: thats why i dont eat meat yuck!
hope ur ok shell, i'd say make urself sick if u can but its prob too late now so just fingers crossed :pray:

What ever you do keep the bone!!! If it does make you sick and you want to prove it they will ask for the carcase(sp). I would take it back just in case...Im not sure what comfort they could offer you and really for £2 its not like your gonna want a refund but it should be brung to their attention just in case theres others.
Food poisioning probs wont kick in for around 24 hours but just take it easy.

Ill be :pray: that you dont get ill

:shock: :shock:

Hope you are ok! :hug: Hopefuly you'll be fine as you only had a little bit! :hug: :hug:

Tillytots said:
I think you'll be ok hun as you didn't eat alot. My Mum had her friends over with their kids a few years ago and when we went into the kitchen we found her 4 year old licking a fresh Turkey that had been defrosting in the kitchen...he was fine :lol:

Sorry but... :rotfl: Kids do the grossest things.

Tillytots said:

That would be ok anyway because he didn't actually consume the Turkey.

hi hun, poor you. if it was your fault for not checking then prob not worth taking back but im sure you will be fine. i ate an uncooked drumstick at a party once and it just gave me a mild case of diaorhea(sp) and i mean it was hardly noticeable just that i was looser than normal when i went toilet not even proper diaorhea(sp) :oops:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back