whos eaten bugs?

trixipaws

Reaction score
what bugs hav u eaten and what were they like? and were they just bugs from outside as a kid or were they delicacy (sp?)

the food hall in selfridges has vodka with edible scorpions in and tequila with edible worms in (havent tried either) and u can get chocolate with real ants inside and lollipops with spiders in, and mealworm crisps!

i tried a mealworm crisp but i spat it out lol it didnt taste bad i just didnt wanna swallow a worm!

i ate a pearl lollipop from there too it was yummy

Not really my thing but my mum accidentally ate some broccilli in a cafe/resturanty type place that had bugs all over it :puke: She only had a couple of mouthfuls before she realised. She chose something else

natalie&jake said:
Not really my thing but my mum accidentally ate some broccilli in a cafe/resturanty type place that had bugs all over it :puke: She only had a couple of mouthfuls before she realised. She chose something else
OMG EUW! she shoulda sued :puke:

midna said:
I used to go round eating cuckoo spit as a child it was well cold and refreshing but found out years later its actually some spider type creature :puke: 8)
whats cuckoo spit then? i thought u meant literally drool from a birds beak until u said its a spider ! :lol: :?

I ate a live cricket and wax worm once. We were all very drunk and decided to do the bush tucker trial :rotfl: (I have crickets and wax worms because I have a leopard gecko lizard). They didn't really taste of anyhing but then I wasn't really trying to savour the flavour :rotfl:

midna said:
I used to go round eating cuckoo spit as a child it was well cold and refreshing but found out years later its actually some spider type creature :puke: 8)

:shock: :puke:
I used to cringe when I even touched that stuff :lol:

Its sad to say... but everyone has eaten bugs at some point in their lives.. even if they didn't realise it..

I have no idea what bugs I've eaten as I haven't eaten them intentionally...

Although watching your pet Chameleon devour live crickets after a bad day at work is incredibly satisfying. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Gemma & Jake said:
I ate a live cricket and wax worm once. We were all very drunk and decided to do the bush tucker trial :rotfl: (I have crickets and wax worms because I have a leopard gecko lizard). They didn't really taste of anyhing but then I wasn't really trying to savour the flavour :rotfl:

I love gekcos, I have loads of gecko wall hangings and carvings in my hallway. I even have a tattoo. I want to own one too but not just yet

Sorry to hijack bug thread :oops:

not quite a bug... but in spain they have the alcohol that has a dead lizard in the bottom.... and whilst out drinking with squaddies they insist on eating it :puke:

i tried a tiny bit ewwwwwwww it tasted like the smell of a wet dog :puke: never again....

the person that draws the short straw has to eat the whole head :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
Its sad to say... but everyone has eaten bugs at some point in their lives.. even if they didn't realise it..

I have no idea what bugs I've eaten as I haven't eaten them intentionally...

Although watching your pet Chameleon devour live crickets after a bad day at work is incredibly satisfying. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't they say you eat like 8 spiders in your sleep in a lifetime? :puke:

Midna, eating cuckoo spit is just wrong eww :shakehead:

poppy160 said:
Don't they say you eat like 8 spiders in your sleep in a lifetime? :puke:

Apparently that's an urban myth... it was started years ago as a study into how the internet could be used to spread a myth... it worked really well... :rotfl:

But the reason why most people end up eating bugs and not knowing it is all the pre processed crap we eat nowadays... bugs falling into machines and getting ground up with your favourite baked beans... :rotfl: And the red dye used for red smarties was supposedly ground up beetles.. :think:

Once when I was five I made a slug sandwich for the birds.But they didn't eat it.So I did.

Hi

My Brother and I used to eat ants outside our day care when we were younger the kids dared us so we did!!
Also i licked a slug once at kids camp i went to the counsiler said the banana slugs really tasted like bananas so three of us tried licking the slug :rotfl: .... nasty :puke:

Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back