Help in so much pain with milk coming in...

smess26

Reaction score
What can I do to help it. I just.want to cry. Painkillers arnt.helping. at all...
I am not breast feeding. Any ideas.girls....
I remember this being.the.worst bit.from having k...
Any.help tips or hints.v v grateful x x

Have you got them strapped up as tight as you can go? Also savoy cabbage leaves are supposed to help.

I hated the feeling of my milk coming in, it's so sore:hug:

Got.cabbage leaves in my bra as we speak!! Just had.a.bath and tried not.getting.them wet. But they leaked a little I must.amit.it was.lovely.relief.
Just don't.know what to do.. x x

Have you put the cabbage leaves in the freezer before putting them in your bra? Its bliss when they are frozen !

I've.got.them in the.fridge I've.frozen a wet flannel one.for.each and well its heaven!!!!! X x

I've.got.them in the.fridge I've.frozen a wet flannel one.for.each and well its heaven!!!!! X x

Oh I can just imagine Jess!

I brought gel packs for boobs for £10 from Sains and there great, (they go in freezer and hot water) but if not BF then may not be worth it , could try those really cheep gel packs for sports tho, and hope they go soon:lol:

Thank you I think touch wood although it could be.imagining.it that they're slightly.better today and.don't hurt. Although I smell like.cooked.cabbage lol x x

my wife got mastitis so we put cabbage leaves in her bra. It didn’t work, and Jess’ temperature rose to the point where she was beginning to get a bit delirious, eyes flitting about all over the place – very strange stuff, and scenes which would not look out of place in a Japanese horror movie.

So, after a short while, we went to the hospital to get her checked out. I’ll never forget the look on the doctor’s face as he pulled down Jess’ bra and two limp cabbage leaves flopped onto the floor with a pathetic slap, by this time smelling a bit funky. He looked at Jess, then at me, then back at Jess, a look of bizarre confusion etched across his face.

I'll never forget his expression! xx

Lol that is brilliant I had been doing the same. Ide go to sleep with them in and forget I wouldn't notice the smell lol. My mil had commented one day on the smell.

Also for anyone reading this in water data for possible problems with sore boobs sudafed.... it drys them up and your feel normal again kinda of within two days but your defo notice the difference x x

Hey hun,

has it cleared up? Did you mean get sudafed?

x x x x

Yes lovely frozen flannel for swelling and the sudafed you take for runny noses/colds I had the red one and took it every4 hours for two days and it didn't dry them up to the point they stopped leaking but it brought the pain down to minimal and defo stopped as much milk. It worked almost straight away I noticed the difference.. I can lay on my front with no pain they don't fill up now when Archie crys and hardly leak. And I'm bk down to my pre boob size so don't feel like Jordan lol. Just get your self a sport bra. And some savoy cabbage it works lol x x

Are they ok now? Before you put the cabbage leaves in your bra, score the inside of them with a knife - it's meant to release enzymes that help with engorgment! x

Last edited:
So much better.sams mum thank you. I crushed.the.leaves as I had read that too.
Good tips as it is.so painful when it.comes in. X x

glad to hear youre better :yay: I always felt a bit left out that my milk never came in but this thread has sort of made me feel lucky :lol:

My mum told me before LO was born about this and said that splashing them with warm water makes the mik come out and relieves it. I never tried it but its worth a shot if anyone needs to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back