HELP! I thought BH were supposed to be painless?!!!

KJ

Reaction score
Hi girls, can someone please help me?

well, I've had absolutley no pain so far but just now I had 30 mins of bad pain across the bottom of my bump.

They were like a cross between period pains and cramp. They were quite bad and uncomfortable. They've eased off now. My friend says it's probably braxton hicks?

I thought they were supposed to be painless? Does this sound normal and has anyone else experienced this?

I'm really worried so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

K.xxx

Mine have started to hurt recently,really strong with period type pains or back ache but if your only 19 weeks i'd consider asking your MW.

Yes 19 weeks is a bit early for BH and they can also hurt quite a bit. Might be worth asking your MW, but i wouldnt panic :hug:

Everyone experiences BH differently, some dont ever notice them, but some like me and oldermum feel them quite strong! I felt them with my first from 30 weeks, and with this one 28weeks.

A warm bath always eases mine down :)

2 weeks ago I had very painful period pains, which worried me as I went into false labour at week 27 due to a kidney infection and it felt just the same, but they stopped after a couple of hours. I put it down to BH. but usually my BH consist of pain a bit higher up across my tummy along with a tightening feeling.

Hi

If your worried contact your mw. I get them painful most the times, but always safe to check :)
Katrina

thanks girls. I did phone the midwife and GP and have just got back from an emergency appointment. Everything is fine!! They couldn't say what it was but baby is doing well, so that's a relief!!

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back