Help, i have a partner who smokes and i want to quit!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Hi, i have been smoking since the age of 9, i know very young, i smoked through my previous 2 pregnancys and i blame myself for there chest problems they have, this time i have really tried to cut down, but my partner smokes and im finding it very hard to resist that urge.. the longest i have gone is 2 days, he smokes around me but never in the house, my parents dont know i smoke as much as i do, and with me being half way now in pregnancy i think its time i gave up.. any idea's please on what do i do..

U tried ringing NHS direct, they are really good.

Could you use patches, I was told that patches are much better than smoking as they only contain nicotine and not all the other stuff they have in ciggys!

Good luck xxx

Hi happy_chick, wahoo well guess what i havent been smoking now since tuesday, decided that was the day and i had no money to buy any any way lol.. hubby still smokes outside, but hes being really supportive which i didnt think he would be,

Im not going to start back up either once the baby is born i feel so much better in myself already its unreal how the days go without a smoke...

your partner should be supportive and give up to as I am assuming this is his baby aswell?

Gemz said:
your partner should be supportive and give up to as I am assuming this is his baby aswell?

Well yes it is his baby, but my partner is 37 yrs old and has been smoking since he was 11, so its alot harder for him.. Coming off fags just like that when you have smoked all them yrs can actually cause more harm so he is doing it slowly..

And he is supportive of me now, he doesnt smoke around me, he has cut down dramitically!!!

Yes I wasn't being funny I just meant it like it would be a lot easier for you if he gave up and so then it would be better for your baby.

Its ok gemz.. i know you wasnt lol..

thanks for your replys anyways
:hug: :wave:

woohoo WELL DONE YOU that's fantastic I'm delighted you're already feeling the effects. :dance: :dance: :dance:

please i want no wishes of well done..

i had a fag yesterday and a few today, :oops:

i feel so bad but am gonna try again, i just been so stressed out with the last week or so, i needed it... i know im bad, so dont make me feel guilty about it.. sorry guys!

Dont do it!! You had done so well - and although I don't want to preach to you - You know that smoking can bring on prem labour and cause low birth weights etc - so really with the problems you are experiencing you need to stop now before you get addicted again.

BTW I am an ex smoker and know that it is realllllly hard so well done for what you have achieved so far :D

freya, ive had about 5 in 3 days, so ive not gone back to how i was, and i will not... it was mainly to calm me down as i had gotton into a state really, feel so much better already about things im gonna start again.. thanks for the warm words though.. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back