Newbie who quit

Peanut

Reaction score
Hi girls

I will have been quit two years in August. I had loads of earache from other half about giving up, but in the end could only give up when I decided to to it for me. You have to want to do it or nothing works.

I used NRT gum to help with the really strong physical side of withdrawal and a really supportive forum called ivequit.com. It's got a little quiet in there of late, but there are some very helpful people there. I couldn't have done it without them.

I truly believe that the habit of smoking can be ended in 3 weeks. If you can get yourself through the first three weeks, you'll be sailing through your quit. If anyone wants any help, or can't find the forum please pm me.

Giving up was the best thing I ever did - if I can quit, I can do bloody anything! A little while after quitting I took up running - something I would NEVER have done without the confidence that quitting gave me. It's all life changing stuff you know!!!! :D

so chuffed for ya hun, im anti smoking so a big thumbs up to anyone who quits :cheer:

Well done on quitting, :cheer: I gave up 18 months ago, and agree its the best thing i ever did! And i too beleive that it if i can quit smoking then i can do anything :cheer:

Emmylou said:
And i too beleive that it if i can quit smoking then i can do anything :cheer:
It really is true isn't it?! I'm sure people think I'm a nut because I'm so passionate about it :lol:

Peanut said:
Emmylou said:
And i too beleive that it if i can quit smoking then i can do anything :cheer:
It really is true isn't it?! I'm sure people think I'm a nut because I'm so passionate about it :lol:

Absolutely, and it surprises you how much you begin to dislike the smell of smoke! It reminds you what you have acheived.

I can say, hand on heart, I will not smoke again! I truly beleive this, I don't even miss the social side of things which is usually the hardest bit to break away from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back