Help - hiding bump...

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I actually want to show my bump off loud & proud (when I eventually get one!) but I am moving to a new job...! It's an internal transfer so still with the same Company, but nonetheless, you know what people are like...gossip, bitching etc

My interview is hopefully this week or next week & even though I know I am protected legally, I don't want it to look like I knew I was pregnant when I went for this job and therefore I knew I'd only be around for 7-8 months before going on Mat leave... does that make sense? Am I being silly girls?

So it was my plan to say I found out over Christmas, and try to keep it under wraps as long as poss; maybe until 16 weeks, but I have just been looking at the Bump pics and some girls are showing at 6 weeks!

Any tips/advice? Anyone else been in a similar situation? x

If it's any consolation I didn't start showing till I was about 25 weeks and people were shocked when I told them I was going on maternity leave at 34 weeks cos I was still quite small. At least you have the right time of year to layer up on those jumpers!
Those who look like they are showing at 5-7 weeks might be mostly early-pregnancy bloating or be on their 3rd/4th child where you would show earlier on :)

Thanks Becky, I feel bad because I want bump to be out there, but at the same time office politics etc... I will be so glad when I am Mat leave for a year LOL! x

ive started showing not sure if this is anything to do with the fact its my 3rd! but ive got a tiny little bump thing i just got baggy tops for mine! but half the time i cant seem to hide it i just use the " am hungry " all the time i need to eat ive never been big always been size 8-10 n i just nicely fit into a 10 my 8's are a no no now so i know everythings expanding haha! x

I wear a uniform in my job and ive seen people looking at my belly!! Ive lso restricted some of my duties so I think they know but wont say or they just think I ate all the pies!! Ive tried to hide it with my jumper ec but sometimes if I was around in my top and trousers I just feel like people think...shes getting fat!!

Well I'm quite tall, 5'7 & I'm size 12, so hoping long smocky tops and wintry jumpers should do me until early Feb - eeeek! Feel so bad hiding my poppy seed x

Nice loose tops i guess ? ant try keep your hands off the bump :) . Its very hard when you have a little bumpy not to give it the odd rub lol , or hold your hand over it when your feeling protective

Constantstar - I don't mind if people think I'm just getting fat! :rofl: x

Nice loose tops i guess ? ant try keep your hands off the bump :) . Its very hard when you have a little bumpy not to give it the odd rub lol , or hold your hand over it when your feeling protective

I've started doing that already hehe :)
x

Loose tops hun, because you will look bloated for a few weeks before your actual bump starts to appear, I have only started to have a bump from about a week or so ago, before was bloating..... how exciting though for you and good luck on the job x

Last edited:
Loose tops hun, because you will look bloated for a few weeks before your actual bump starts to appear, I have only started to have a bump from about a week or so ago, before was bloating..... how exciting though for you and good luck on the job x

Thank you so much Hopeful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back