Help! Eye problem

Froslass

Reaction score
LO has had a blocked tear duct since birth. nothing has helped it. I tried breastmilk, boiled water, saline....thing is, she rubs it now and it goes all red...so we've had chloramphenicol ointment and drops and neither has worked....

Got up this morning and it's bad, went to wipe it all away with warm water and cotton wool and a big clump of her eyelashes came out!

Should I make an emergency appointment with the doctor? She's ok in herself, but clumps of eyelashes just falling out surely can't be a good thing!

Anyone have any experience with stuff like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't know of you can see it, but there's basically a clump of about 10 eyelashes there...

516e5dbf-a8e2-35d7.jpg

Get her to the docs hun. I've had infected lash follicles and it's bloomin painful and itchy, lost eyelashes too. Chloramfenicol didn't work for me either, but obviously they are limited on what they can give babies. The only thing that worked for me I think was called maxitrol.

Hope it clears up soon poor little thing :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Hun, just noticed now she's got a red welt under her lower eyelashes, where the clump is missing...didn't notice it before cause her eye was stuck shut!

Got no experience with this, but would definitely make an appointment to see your GP!

Thanks guys, have made an appointment, it's at half four - Ireckon she's going to need to have it unblocked! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back