HELP!!!!! contraceptive injection pain:-(

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
3weeks ago i had the injection
On monday i started bleeding which i wasnt impressed with less then 3 weeks after it im bleeding james is home and we cant make love the whole point of getting the injection was so we could get back to love making agian :roll:
but id read period could be iregular on the injection so i didnt worry to much
though i wasnt expecting bleeding BEFORE my usuall period date :?

But ive carried on bleeding not a huge amount but ive had to wear sanitry towels and some times the flow has been heavier. And TMI is bleed more when i go to the toilet its defently mentsrul blood( SORRY everyone for this)
ive checked :oops:
But What is now concerning me is that im in pain :( period pain but more intense and almost doubled over with it :?
I reread the information sheets i was given and NO WHERE dose it mention having intense pains :?
it said it HELPS stop period pains :?
it bloody hurts the pains been building up for the past 4 hours now its just horrible :(
I lifted Collier and i felt and intese dull ache go through my back i know hes heavy now but usually i last longer then that :?

Has anyone else experianced this???????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the injection a few weeks ago and ive been wondering how it efected those who have been using it for a while
I was told it can lead to a huge weight gain and to keep an eye on it and that i may still get light periods ok with the light periods not the weight gain and it can aso lead to higher cases of depression, well thats on already sorted :lol: just hope it dosnt make it worse (had the injection before i found out i had PND)

Im going to give it ago as see how it works with me
?
I decided to have this as im so usless at remebering to take the pill thats how i got peganant the first time

should have asked this efore i had the injection but my period started out of the blue a few weeks ago and you only have a few days window to have the injection. But when i need the next one i will be reviewing weather to continue with it
So far i think its fine :D

How did you find the contraceptive injection? did you find it effective ? side effects didnt have any worked well?

ive been on the pill since i was 15. I actually kept forgetting to take it when we moved in the house & basically just stopped (daz knew) i think we both thought it wont happen to us lol/

ANyway im bak on it now, I cant av the mini p[ill as my mum had DVT and i was liable to get it so am on something called cerazette which is supposed to help another illness i have - dont think it is tho

:oops: :roll: :rotfl:
is there a injection for brain loss?
i kepy typing pill instead of injection
:doh:

I had it at 8 weeks. I had bloody discharge for about 5 weeks. I have put on weight. I have gone up a dress size. But i have no idea what happens next. I know it lasts 3 months but i wasn't told when i go to get the next one done. I can't take the pill anyway coz of breastfeeding and i kept forgetting to take it, which is how we ended up here! Lol

I had it a few years ago. Big mistake. I hated everything about it.
But lots of people get on well with it!

My brother's girlfriend had this and ended up pg... :shock:

debecca said:

Oh brilliant
i wish id never asked going to spend the rest of my time till the injection wears of worrying every time me and James get down and dirty

Suzie what was it that you didnt like about it?

Yeah gotta admit it didnt agree with me much.
I ballooned up about three stone whilst on the depo, had awful headaches, moodswings etc. When i stopped using the jab my periods were horrendous, on heavily for two weeks off for two and on again for two. This carried on for a few months before i started to notice it falling back into a normal pattern. It took me nine months to concieve Calleigh after stopping the jab.
The only thing that was good was i didnt have a period for the six years i was on it.

Yeh the only good thing was the lack of periods.

Problems:

Extreme weight gain
Mood swings
Depression (didn't know it was related to that until i'd stopped it)
Lack of sex drive

It made me feel awful, i felt so much better when i stopped it!

I don't know if you're planning on another kiddy after Collier but it can take a year after the injection has been stopped for your fertility to return completely - so if you were planning another in a couple of years you'd have to make sure you stopped the injection in time.

Geordie&Bairn said:
debecca said:

Oh brilliant
i wish id never asked going to spend the rest of my time till the injection wears of worrying every time me and James get down and dirty

Suzie what was it that you didnt like about it?

Sorry hun!!! Remember that all methods are only 90-odd percent effective - so Becky was probably just the unlucky 1% or whatever!! We use Natural Family Planning which is probably WAY more risky and we've never had an unexpected pregnancy - until Flod and that was the first time we'd taken a risk...

I also hated it! I didn't put weight on, but I got really bad acne, mood swings, no sex drive at all and I had spotting all the time. I am using the patch now, which seems really good - it's the same hormones as the pill, but you wear it for a week at a time, so no probs with remembering to take the pill! BUT, due to complications from birth we haven't been able to have sex yet so can't tell you if it actually works!!! (It's meant to be as effective as the pill, but isn't affected by upset stomachs etc)

I have just had the injection too and came on my period late. It lasted for 2 weeks and just when I thought it was going it started getting heavy again. I have had intense pains in what I would assume is my ovary area. I don't know if it is anything to do with the injection or not. I have no sex drive either! I was going to see my nurse before my next one is due to see if I can get on the pill instead. I don't know if I would need a break in between or not though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back