girls on Injection pill thingy

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya Girls,

Just wondering if anyone has the injection thing and how they find it.

I want to get it cos I'm useless with remembering pill but not only that I've had problems with it and my periods since I've had Jack. I'm worried about the injection cos I have heard you can put on weight (something I definately dont need at the moment) Also I'm worried that once it's been put in you if it doesn't agree with you, you can't just stop taking it as you would with tablet pill. I think it's every 3 or 6 months for injection.

Appreciate any advice.. thanks :)

I was on it for a few years and it killed my sex drive. Then I found out on here they are giving it to peados in America to supress their sexual urges. I liked it for the fact it stopped my periods but I never felt like sex ever and, well... to me that defeats the object really. It can effect bone density so if you do go on it you need to make sure you get plenty of calcium in your diet.

It may be something that suits you though :)

Thanks for your reply Natalie :)

:shock: OMG I certainly don't need anything to kill my sex drive, last 3 weeks I haven't had one anyway :wall:

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of it TBH.. ahh well, have to find something else.

Anyone got any suggestions? :think:

Hi,

I was on it for four years, starting it in 2000 and having the last injection in early 2004. It took a few months before my periods to returned and I had been trying to get pregnant since the last injection in early 2004! So if you want anymore kids be prepared to wait a few years while your fertility returns. The advice from the company that makes this drug is that your fertility will return within a few months of stopping... :rotfl:

I did read on the internet that there are cases where women are trying to sue the company that makes this type of contraceptive because they claim it has caused them infertility and a whole host of illnesses. But the jury is still out on that one.

I went from a size 12/14 to a size 24/26, it killed my sex drive, it gave me skin problems, and caused major depression. It also completely stopped my periods, seemed to make me very bloated all over and cause me to have cravings.

I don't ever plan on taking it again.

P.S. I don't know if it is related but I had a breast cancer scare at the end of 2005. I'm so glad the scars have healed from the ops.

oh sorry to hear about your cancer scare :hug: :hug: :hug: hope all is well now :hug: :hug:

Def not getting the injection now though :shock:

thanks for info :)

Pills weren't agreeing with me so I asked for the injection but I was told because of the bone density thing they are putting it on hold for new patients until it has been tested and improved, so they put me on the minipill and then I got pregnant with Ryan.

So.. this wednesday i'm having a coil fitted. It's not ideal but like you, I can't remember to take pills, the actual pills made me feel sick and I can't have the injection til they're finished testing it and even then I worry that it would make me ill and then I'd be stuck with it.

So for me, coil is the only answer. I'm probably going to have the hormone one - I asked about it regarding previous pills making me feel ill, and they said because of where the coil actual is, the hormone in it is a lot less than the pill so shouldn't make me ill, but if it does I can always have it replaced with the non-hormone coil.

Hope that helps a bit?

m

Thanks :hug: Everything is fine now I got the all clear in May 2006 and when I fell pregnant everything seemed to heal twice as fast. :D I just hope this breast works because I am planning on breast feeding. I'm not sure if it doesn't work that it would be possible to feed this baby on just one breast. But we will see.

Anyway hope you find something that works for you. Personally I fancied using the coil. Would that be an option for you?

I have no idea what the coil is :oops:

I've heard about it but everytime I imagine it I think it's like a big springy thing in your foof.. i imagine in the middle of sex OH being sprung across the room :rotfl:

What is it exactly? Might be an idea TBH...

Leckershell & Sarah.. do you both have coil in now?

:hug:

i was on the injection a few years ago for about 3 years i put on nearly 4 stone had absolutely no sex drive and it took 18 months before i became fertile again and had normal periods xxxxx

you could try the implant - it lasts three years and your fertility returns to normal as soon as its removed. The only problem is you may have side effects like irregular bleeding and headaches although apparently these settle down after a few months. :)

ive had the implant and my migraines became sooo bad, and headaches every day. never again. now got a huge scar as the nurse made such a mess of my arm trying to cut them back out :shock:

i started lossing my hair with the injection and put on lots of weight too so im never using that again.

ive got no idea what im going to do after baby is born, doesnt help my OH is allergic to latex :wall:

I had the implant and after 7 months i had to have it taken out, i had put on 3 stone and had been bleeding on and off for the whole 7 months, once for 14 weeks!
I took th pill and got my lil harrison, and i had the depo injection and piled on the weight and also had non stop bleeding.

I'm ok now as we dont have to use anything but for the future i really dont know what i will do either, it seems that hormone forms on contraception wont agree with me.
And the thought of a coil makes me cringe, when i MC their were 2 women who both had a coil fitted that were both suffering from an ectopic due to the coil? or so i was told. I was also told by my aunt that she had hers removed cuz her OH could feel it ????

I was on the depo injection for about 18mths and it totally changed me as a person. I became depressed, put on loads of weight, lost sex drive. it took about 6mths for my periods to come back after I came off it.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I guess it will affect everyone differently.

I had the depo injection a few times but I started putting on weight so I stopped having it. I had the implant before I started TTC Jake. I didn't have any problems for about a year but then I started bleeding loads. I actually had it taken out then so I don't know if would have calmed down if I had kept it in(had it out so I could start TTC). I am on the pill now which I don't have any problems with(apart from forgetting to take it). I like the pill because I always know when my period is going to start.

This link might be helpful
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... ctionId=23

I was on it for 18 months and it really messed my cycles up, I put on loads of weight and had no period when i came off it for a year

i was on for about 9 months a coupel of years ago, and didnt have one period.
didn't think that would be too healthy though so went back to the pill, but with a break in between to get my periods back to normal, but i didn't have one for another 6 months after stopping it.

I was on it for about 18 months and it totally changed me too.

I put on weight, lost my sex drive, and became constantly paranoid and depressed. Never ever again!

I guess one positive of being infertile is I never have to worry about contraception again :lol: :lol:

I would not reccommend the injection to anybody TBH, I never had a period while I was on it which was fine, but I also put on weight and generally didn't like the fact I had no control over my body. We decided to TTC when it wore off and I wasn't getting periods - I was getting pregnancy symptoms which was really misleading although apparently it's normal. After a few months I spotted then started having 2 bleeds a month, then got my BFP. I joined a 'TTC after Depo' support thread on a forum and there are some women on there who aren't even ovulating or having periods and their last injections were over 2 years ago - And they have kids already. Everyone I've spoken to about the injection has had a bad experience :(

poppy160 said:
I would not reccommend the injection to anybody TBH, I never had a period while I was on it which was fine, but I also put on weight and generally didn't like the fact I had no control over my body. We decided to TTC when it wore off and I wasn't getting periods - I was getting pregnancy symptoms which was really misleading although apparently it's normal. After a few months I spotted then started having 2 bleeds a month, then got my BFP. I joined a 'TTC after Depo' support thread on a forum and there are some women on there who aren't even ovulating or having periods and their last injections were over 2 years ago - And they have kids already. Everyone I've spoken to about the injection has had a bad experience :(

Yep same as poppy i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. I piled on lots of weight and after research realised it was giving me headaches also. Took me 9 months to concieve after coming off the injection. In the meantime my periods were all over the place when they finally started after a few months.
Not sure what contraception i will use after the baby as i dont take tablets so all the pills are out of the question, i am considering the implant but gonna research it before i decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back