Help! Confused about BBT charting

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
I know a few peeps chart BBT. I am doing it for the first time this month but I've got completely confused about what I'm looking for. Please can someone confirm am I looking for a dip at Ov and then raised afterwards???

Anyone with any clue?

Sounds right. Got this from website. xx

Charting your BBTs is really pretty easy. Basically, what you are doing is taking your temperature first thing each day and plotting the temperature on a chart. What you are looking for is to see a shift of at least .4 degrees Fahrenheit after ovulation making your chart biphasic (showing low temperatures before ovulation in the follicular phase, and higher ones after ovulation in the luteal phase). Be sure to use ovulation tests in conjunction with your basal charting to provide you with an accurate sense of your most fertile time of month.

not everyone sees a dip at ov - I certainly don't see one every month, maybe 1 month in three.

charting will tell you when you've passed ovulation. you will see a temperature rise after ov which can be defined as three temps at least 0.1degree higher than the previous six temps

combined with checking mucus, cervix and using ovulation tests you will be able to see when ovulation is approaching. the temperatures will tell you when it's happened

A really good book that helps is Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I got it for about 11 quid on Amazon and has amazing reviews! x

Thanks everyone, really helped me clarify what I was looking for. Looks like I found my dip and then temp rise :) correlates with when I think I Ov'd yipee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back