Hello!

5Element

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Firstly I just wanted to say what a fantastic forum this is here - it is chocked full of wonderful, down to earth ladies that have kept me going over the last couple of months. Admittedly I have been a silent reader up until MON when I "came out of the closet" for urgent advice and now I have left the First Trimester for here.

This is now my second MC (had one on 24.6.12) got preggies straight away again and now I am going through the second one (literally!). There are so many thoughts going through my head I sometimes feel dizzy! But being here and reading that you are not alone helps soooooo much!

Some of my thoughts are that I definately dont want a D&C, will I be able to avoid it? Is that the right thing to do. I am so scared to try again. What if I lose the next one? Will I ever be able to keep my little smartie? Am I told old?

Sorry to waffle but it helps to put everything down on paper!

Hun, I felt exactly the same as you. I've had 2 mc aswell, at the moment my bubs seems to be ok after having 3 early scans, so just because you've had 2 mc, doesn't make you any more likely to have a 3rd mc. Make sure you rest and get lots of tlc, keep taking your folic acid etc and try again once you feel ready. Good luck xx

SO sorry to read your news hun. You may find you keep bleeding without a D&C, all the tissue might not come away naturally. Hopefully you can avoid it though, justmake sure you are on antibiotics as prophylaxis the whole time cos you are more vulnerable to infection if your cervix is open. Have you got follow up scan booked?
I had a medical management which worked for me, i prefered that option to a D&C.

2 in a row is really tough hun, did you have a cycle in between? might be worth leaving one or two this time if you are going to TTC straight away. I know how strong that insticnt is to get pregnant again as soon as possible. I left it a while in the end (for various reasons i won't bore you with) but i was in a much better mind set which we did TTC xxxx

My Homeopathic doctor gave me something to support the process and it sure has worked today! She is fantastic as she is the head doctor in a hospital with us here for Gyno/Obs and does this alongside her job for the last 30 years. But she did tell me to get a check up next week to make double sure that I dont need a d&c. the thought of that really really freaks me out! I didnt have a cycle in between the first and the second. Now I definately am going to wait again (at least 2 cycles). I just dont think I could cope yet with losing another one. I worry I am getting to old (am 37)!!
Sue Clare - should I still take Folic even though I am not going to try for another couple of months at least?

Thanks everyone, it is so good to know you are not alone!

Im really sorry for your losses honey and second time id just so cruel. I didn't need a D & C as I had a natural mc but I was under supervision from the hospital to check my leves etc. The thoughts going through your head are natural and you need to try to not worry anout the future and talke time to grieve. Big Hug! Xxx

Sorry for your your losses hon :hugs:
Yes you should still take the Folic acid for the next couple of months and your still a young thing at 37! I'm now 40 and have been trying again for 6 months since saying goodbye to our lil man in February.
It's so hard sweets, but you'll get there.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back