holiday plans

ERIN84

Reaction score
Hey girlies, just wanted some advice really. i have a bit of a dilemma!

Hubby and i booked a holiday to Cuba as we were very down about not being able to get pregnant! Sods law, about a week after i find out I am pregnant. The hol is booked for the end of march so technically i will be able to fly, but i dont want to go! I am worried as it took me so long to get pregnant that if anything goes wrong i want to be in this country for medical help. also, we would like to save the money for our baby coming as we will have alot to buy.

However, we paid quite a big deposit and the only way we will be able to claim it back through our insurance is to get a letter from my doc.. Do you think my anxiety about going will be enough for the doc to write me a letter? I have not seen this doc many times because i have only just moved into the area?

Sorry if i have rambled. x

You can try but I cant see a Dr saying you're not fit to fly unless you are. What about transferring it to a city break in this country? The deposit might pay for a lovely long weekend in a nice hotel with some pampering? My sister's friends split up and they all had a fancy holiday booked and my sister transferred hers to a family holiday somewhere cheaper and got 2 weeks for the same price!

we have tried that but because "its in a different brochure" they cant do it! Im so annoyed!

Did you book it in a travel agents? Go to ABTA for advice. So long as you stay with the same company they should let you swap it.

yes booked it through Thomas Cook. I might ring ABTA actually, i have not thought of that. Thanks!!! x

Thomas Cook! They are being twats then. They will have loads of ways round it. Go in and try again and if they wont sort it say you'll go to ABTA. They have loads of associated hotels in this country. They need to be helping you out. My sister change destinations, dates, the lot! They even let them off the admin fee. It's not like it's next week. Go online now and see where you can go with Thomas Cook in the UK! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back