Hello - 4 weeks pregnant and a little shocked

Norwich83

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the site and new to pregnancy. In fact at the moment Im still in shock. I only found out at 3pm today. I am 4 weeks and really not ready for this. On paper my partner and I look almost ideal for a baby but in reality neither of us are. We arent married but have been together almost 6 years and lived together 5 years. We love each other and would like a family one day. However my partner has just been made redundant and I am in a long term job that I hate. We had decided to change our lives and relocate all before the redundancy and baby news. The idea would have enabled us to change our lifestyle for the better and enable us to save up within 12 months to get married and afford a deposit on a house. Now I am pregnant this cant happen... We are also worried because I took the morning after pill (as we had an accident) within 24 hours and we have had a lot of weddings and birthdays so have been out drinking and burning the candle at both ends. I also smoke up until now. We are both still in shock and have hardly said much to one another more than we love each other and ive cried quite a lot. We are going to see my doctor tomorrow and confirm the news and whether there has been any problems caused by the taking of the morning after pill. We will want to disucss all options but at the moment i just cant see either option as a choice either of us want.

Any advice would be wonderful

Thank you x

i dont quite know what to advice other than congrats if you want the baby and if you dont then think it over first because you will never get this little baby back again. Doc will prob just urine sample you tomorow i dont think any proper tests can be done till your 16 weeks when you get your downs and spina befida tests done if you want them done. they might take some blood from you to test your blood type other than that a whole hearted good luck hunni x

Welcome to the Forum & Congratulations :)

Welcome to Pf and congratulations on your news. It can be very scarey at first, it is a big shock for you both. life may be temporaliy a little tighter with a new baby, but the joys of having a baby hugely outway the problems. As you were thinking of changing your work circumstances anyway, then do that. Wait out your horrible job till end of pregnancy, ~(it will fly) and then decide while your off what you want to o, with maternity money coming in. OH can still change now as redundant anyway Babys will not stop you followign your dreams, you can have your cake and eat it ! the girls on here will support you anytime X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back