• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hello 2ND Tri and Test Results!

Pudds86

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Very pleased to be joining you all :) Hope everyone is well...

I just phoned for my nuchal screening test results and I was told I am low risk with 1:2350 chance of having a baby with down's syndrome. I was a bit taken back as most of my friends had results around 1:17000.

Does anyone know what the 'high risk' cut off is? I am just curious. I wonder what it is about me that makes mine so much lower? weird. Abyway happy with the result, we would never terminate but if i was high risk it would have been nice to prepare for a special baby.

xxx

Welcome to second tri x I don't know what the cut off is as we declined the testing x I'd say you're still low risk with your results though x

Welcome to second tri x I don't know what the cut off is as we declined the testing x I'd say you're still low risk with your results though x

Helen we also declined the testing but when i went to the scan the lady looked at me and said " but u do understand i have to tell you if there is something major wrong with the baby"
I was like? just cuz i didnt find it nessecary to test for down syndrome doesnt mean i dont want her to tell me if she sees something wrong?!

i felt like the only one in the world that had declined.

i had the tests done and my results came back this morning as 1: 120000, :) which is low risk,

i think higher risk is if its lower than 500

x

my mid wife said that it was 200. so 1:200 is high risk pregnancy and 1:201 is a low risk preganncy. However you have nothing to worry about thats great news!! well done lovely! x

Sounds like you are certainly low risk to me, I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Someone I know was told she was high risk with her second child and she was offered an amnio, she had the amnio because she wanted to be prepared for baby coming if there was a problem an everything turned out fine, she has a perfect little girl. Was a very worrying time though.

I can't remember what my figures were but they said low risk so that was enough info for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back