Hellllllp!!!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
My darling daughter has managed to get some play dough stuck into the living room rug :( I never noticed it when it was still 'dough', so now it is rock hard :( It is only a tiny bit but is stamped in... anyone know how to get it out????

Have u tried ice? might be worth it seen as it works with cyhewing gum?

1sttimemum said:
Have u tried ice? might be worth it seen as it works with cyhewing gum?

Tried it and not working at all :(

Babylicious said:
Wait until it dries, then it should just crumble off

It's already dry and rock hard and it's not crumbling anywhere :(

i would have a guess at trying to wet it, maybe with VERY hot water - but then i would worry that the dye would run into the rest of the carpet... :think:

How about doing the old brown paper and iron trick? :think: I know it works with dried wax but not 100% sure with play dough :think:

**EDT... I have just googled and found this

pack it with bags of ice or frozen veg then after half an hour it will be hard enough to lift.any remaining grease spots use a warm iron over brown paper or white printer paper over the stain each time the paper soaks the grease move to a clean part of the paper and start again **

Was is home made play dough? Salt dough type should just dissolve in water but dunno about the shop bought stuff....be careful ironing carpet - it might melt....I did this to the carpet in my Uni Halls with a iron.....oops 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back