Heartburn

poppy

Reaction score
I get really bad heart burn at night. when i was in my first trimester i told my doctor and he said that he could give me something but its not recommened. Is there anything i can have now i'm in my second trimester or is it another trip to the doctors.

I've got it today but so far I've been lucky as I've not really suffered with it.

Think mine is to do with champagne and rich food last night :(

May I add though only 1.5 glasses :)

sorry forgot to say that I'm finding that water is helping :D

I have it really bad every day it is awful, but I carry around the rememgel chews and one or two of them rids it instantly, go and get a job lot!!

I've just read aswell in tri 3 that you can take Gaviscon :)

my doc has given me gaviscon .It works great for me. He also gave me omprezole tablets but they weren't helping so i stopped taking them I was about 15 weeks when i went to doc about it

ah heartbrun is just the worse... i went to the pics yesterday..... so you know eating sweets.. then when i got home i was relaxing and having the worst heartburn ever..

:(

whats the difference between heart burn and acid indigestion? (it isn't a joke i really want to know!!)

Gaviscon is completely safe to take in pregnancy and has been a lifesaver for me as I've had heartburn since 2nd tri too.
Also, try drinking a glass of milk before you go to bed.
Lucy

i get heartburn really bad and i take tums and i also find a glass of milk helps

get gaviscon or peptac off doctor and def try the milk it works for me xxx

Over in the US they recommend Tums. I boght some whilst back in the UK and read the back and it's safe to take up to 7 a day if you're pregnant! And they generally work! Just one will do the trick!

Be careful though, if you're a little constipated, they can make it worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back