Healthy Diet??!! NOT

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Keely, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Keely

Keely Well-Known Member

Hi all

Is everyone managing to keep a healthy diet..... its like every magazine I pick up they are telling me to swap crisps with raisons and chocolate with fruit, for my healthy pregnancy, but when I am sitting at work and craving a kit-kat I really do not want a piece of melon??!!!!

Before I was pregnant I was a three meal a day girl and no snacks, but since I got pregnant and stopped throwing up I really do not crave FRUIT!

Am I the only one??????

Keely xx

2. Lindsay

Lindsay Well-Known Member

I now what you mean, I don't fancy fruit and healthy food either but I am trying my best!!!! I am better during the week when I am at work, I take my lunch to work with me so can't eat what I want, unless I leave the office and go to the shops! I tend to have soup and 2 bread rolls, a delmonte fruit cocktail and some melon or an apple and try to have veg with my tea if I can BUT it's on a night that I am bad - I seem to be craving chocolate now, have always been a savoury person but can't get enough chocolate at the mo - DH and I have eaten an easter egg each this afternoon, how greedy :shock: I think that we are only eating what our bodies are telling us it wants, lol!!!!!!!

Xxx

3. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

I ate what I wanted in the first trimester because of the nausea, but since 12 weeks I've been feeling lots better and got my appetite back and have been careful with what I eat.

I ate reasonably sensibly before I got preggers but pigged out at weekends. Now I'm making more effort to eat more healthily because I don't want to put excessive weight on.

I take my own food to work and always have eaten lots of fruit and veg even before I got pg. I've been eating muesli for brekkie and take nuts and raisins for a snack, I really like those kinds of foods so it's not a chore.

But if you fancy something have it! At the moment I like creme eggs and I really fancy some pancakes tonight, I can't stop thinking about them.

I weighed myself at 20 weeks and I weighed a pound less than I did at my 10 week weigh in! Looks like my weight gain will be in the second half of the pregnancy.

4. Keely

Keely Well-Known Member

maybe thats why I am not being good either, as I was really sick for the first 16wks so I lost loads of weight..... no I am better it seems whatever I eat I am not getting fat (touch wood)...... I know it will all just hit me at 38wk!!! and I'll put on about 5 stone!! haha

Oh i REALLY fancy pancakes now but I have no eggs!! :O( haha

xxxxxxxxx

5. prickleyfairy

prickleyfairy Well-Known Member

I'm the same too.........craving chocolate all the time, although i do have a thing for bananas at the mo!! Not looking forwards to being weighed again on Tuesday, with the midwife!

6. Keely

Keely Well-Known Member

oh thanks prickleyfairy, I feel better now! hehe

I also like bananas but that is the only fruit i like and fresh orange for my Vitamin C!!! but thats it!!! :eek:( xxxx

7. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

I try to be good but i can't.... i keep thinking i'll diet when the the baby arrives. The one thing i know i'm good at - dieting!!! I was really good in the first trimester but i've slipped... my daily diet mon to fri is;

breakfast;
    2 pieces of fruit (or) cornflakes
    1 or 2 mini babybel

11ish;
    a blue ribbon

lunch;
    a huge white bread bun with chicken (or) ham n cheese, salad and mayo, packet of crisps.

tea;
    fish, chips n mushy peas (or) curry rice (or) chicken pasta etc

Desert;
    a weight watchers ice cream (or) a choc triffle mmmmm

8. Eveadel

Eveadel Well-Known Member

I cant help but feeling hungry all the time.

I am however, trying to eat fruit eat day and veg but probably not my 5 a day as recommended. I do have chocolate every day though. I also have my calcuim i.e. milk or yoghurt each day aswell.

I am craving carbs all the time though.

I seem to be eating man size dinners now.

I was underweight before I became pregnant but since giving up smoking at the pregnancy I have put on just over 1 stone and a half!!

[​IMG]

9. Keely

Keely Well-Known Member

maybe we should all just ignore the scales and feed our babys what they what!... god pregnancy is meant to be an exciting time not a WORRYING time.

BRING ON THE CRISPS!!! hehe

Worry about the diet after! xxxxxxxx :lol:

10. rach

rach Well-Known Member

does healthy diet consist of cereal toast and salt and vinegar crisps????
    if so im on one :D xxxx