Health Visitor

Robyn_

Reaction score
Omg,
Today, my health visitor turned up. she wasnt spose to come today, i was then getting into bed, cos i felt really horrible and ill and mum told me she was here, and i had to go down and talk through stuff with her, as it was the first time i met her it took an hour :(
me and mum wasnt happy becasue the date she was spose to come was the 15th september, but she got it wrong on the letter and it was act 15th August,
so annoying,
but she was talking to me about all my "options" and stuff,
it was like she was being extra nice to me cos i was a Teen mum.
all the questions though, eurgh

but she wasnt as bad as some of them i have to admit.
but yeah sorry, had to get it out, they should at least ring before they come ..cuh.

aww sorry to hear your not feeling good hunnie,

i never saw a health visitor before any of my babuies arrived, always 10 days after.. not sure why you saw yours first, but glad its over with and hopefully you'll be feeling better about everything soon xx :hug:

I've been told that the midwife will come for the initial visits after childbirth, then the health visitor takes over after about 10 days from childbirth.

see this is what annoys me, i just got told that the health visitor only comes before, if you are youger.. whats the to do with. do they think i am not capable of looking after myself and a child.

it annoys me, i dunno if its true
but if it is then im guna be more annoyed.
i can do this as much as a 30 year old mum can.
what gives them the right,

she was trying to talk me into going to a teen parent club aswell,
why im not going ffs.. :|

it has nothing to do with how old you are it depends on where you live. i have met a lot of women old and young on different forums who were surprised cus there hv is visiting b4 the birth and its just in certain areas. some hv's prefer to get to know everyone before baby is born.

i would have preferred to see mine before baby was born as on my first visit i was 17yrs on my own with a 1 week old baby, a messy house and she sat there for an hour with me when all i wanted was to get baby to sleep so i cud catch up on some sleep lol. would have been much easier if she had come prior to babies birth to discuss how things work etc.

they have now changed the policy in my area and hv comes before birth cus my sis saw her 3 weeks before she was due and she is 20. hopefully i will get a visit before this time as well altho i have already met her and i know what happens but it has been a couple of yrs since i last saw her so she may come before.

xxxxxx

I met my HV before Dylan was born...

my leeter said to call if i couldn't make it so she turned up...My HV was the one person who gave me prectical advise about b/feeding before he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back