health and safety workstation woes

sparky

Reaction score
i have been finding it really uncomftable at my desk recently, had the health and safety risk assessment on the 8th feb and was given a footstall yesterday :roll:

Getting backache all the time, was told to set my chair desk etc up so its comfortable, but have not been given any guidance on this.

Is there anything online i can use as a reference?

Google got me loads of info but I didn't really read masses as most of it seems to be for non PG situations. Chuck something like 'how to sit in a computer chair when pregnant' or some such for results.

Have a read of this one anyways http://www.healthycomputing.com/office/setup/chair/

I'd get a wedge cushion or something to put behind you so you sit more upright. And depending on the size of your bump turn slightly sideways to your desk so move monitor and keyboard round etc.

Other than that, I'd say its trial and error to find what is comfy for you.

The Risk Assessment Unit or Health and Safety Department should set it up correctly for you. My employer ordered me a new chair once I complained I was getting back ache, and when it was ordered, the company supplying it, came and set it up all correctly for me; correct height, support, etc.

Would your work be willing to order you a new chair? Better in the long run for them, rather than you going off sick with back ache.

As a tip, they told me your legs should be at a 90 degree angle, mine were once I had a footstool, also, the back of your knees should only be two finger widths from the edge of your chair seat. I had an inflatable lumber support on my chair, does your chair have lumber support?

There is a DTi leaflet that explains about maternity rights etc, but not sure if it has a guide about workstations, you could try searching online?

thanks ladies my work have been utterly crap tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back