He can't come :(

xx.kelly

Reaction score
Got my anomoly scan on Friday and I am so scared that I can't even sleep.

And now to make matters worse my OH can't come and he is annoyed at me because I want to find out the sex of the baby.

I'm just so annoyed at having to go myself and I thought this would change his attitude towards the baby because he would be able to see him/her more :(

He just started a new job so he says that he doesn't want to ask for time off when he only started today.

And when I moaned at him for it he just said "you were the one who kept going on at me to get a job, and now I have one you are moaning about something else"

I just can't win :(

Well you could use emotional blackmail like I do.. Say well if your job is more important that seeing if your unborn child is healthy then, by all means I will be more than happy to go on my own... I'll bring you a picture shall I?

Usually makes my DH crumple.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: alternatively, just don't mention it to him again... Don't even bother showing him any pictures.. take a mum or sister or friend along...

I didnt think employers can refuse time off for scans.For fathers too? unless he just doesnt want to tell his work early on and settle in 1st. He could try telling his manager im sure they would understand :hug:

he'd have to be working for a pretty rotten company for them not to be compassionate about going with you for a scan - whether he's just started or not! IMO he should be putting you first anyway... :hug:

my OH's company are pretty decent about him coming for appointments with me - if they don't take too much time out of his day, they don't mind, otherwise he just has to take it as holiday...

He should at least have tried asking them if it was possible to attend the scan? After all its his baby too, and its not like you get many scans over the nine months. BTW my anomaly scan is on friday too so i know how you feel. Mine was meant to be last week but they cancelled it at the last minute, so now I have to go through the build up all over again. :roll: xx

Can anyone tell me what they do in an anomoly scan?

I am soooo nervous...will they be able to tell me if anything is wrong?

its where they check all the organs, look for spina bifida and other stuff.

If anything is found they will get you to see a doctor afterwards and explain everything to you.

If you have to see a doc after don't panic straight away thinking there is something wrong as sometimes you see a doc anyway when all is ok just as a routine.

They'll usually tell you at the scan there is something the doc needs to see you about, ask them if you at all worried if they have found something.

:hug: i'm sure everything will be fine.

could you ring dh's work and explain saying he doesn't want to ask for time off etc, if not either re-sc hedult for when he can come or take a friend/family member with you.

i would get him to explain why he needs the time off. explain to him u need his support and that his him being there. if he does not go have u anyone else that would go with u. this is my 4th child and i still want support from my partner and its more exciting for u both to attend scans to gether. i hope it works out hun for friday.

marie x

When I told him last night that I had asked a girl from work to come he went in a huff because it's our baby...why should someone else get to see it?

AAARRRHHH! He's so akward!

you should have just said, yes it is OUR baby but i'm not going alone and you wont come so i asked a friend that i knew would and see what he said.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back