• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hayfever

girlygirl

Reaction score
I suffer from hayfever and says on my tablets not to take if pregnant. even the nasil spray is the same. anyone know what to take?

I'm taking opticrom eye drops because that's where it gets me most. The m/w told me that the doc can advise / prescribe something safe though. If you get it on prescription it's free too, so bonus!

I've been OK with the eye drops so far but I'm going to need something a bit more soon (where's the sneezy smiley when you need one?!) :lol:

I saw a billboard last night advertising 'aller-ease' I think it was. It said on the advert 'mum-to-be?' so I'm guessing it might be safe in pregnancy. Never heard of it though. Might be worth doing some research.

K.xx

Hope so, Im usually popping clarityns like theres no tommorrow!!! :cry:

boots and another pharmacy told me to only use vaseline the lip one or the bigger size pot to lock in the pollen. i just not using anything atm tho just suffering lol will look out for 'aller-ease' but not heard of fit :) ty :)

edited to say i just done a search on aller ease with google and a site says that it has vitamin a which aint good for pregnancy so they say. id say go see gp about it im not gonna bother but ty anyway :)

I know this one!!! :cheer: LORATADINE.
I got this prescibed off my G.P but she said to get it from tesco as it's 87p for 7 tablets and you only need take 1 a day. it's a life saver cos i know we all hate taking anything whilst pg but honestly i was so bad, i got a rash!! :oops: Anyway, she says it's 100% safe so... be well! :dance:

I got a prescription from my GP in my first tri and now he gave me a prescription for Beconase and told me I can now use Piriton as I am quite far along now so I would see your GP, as they will know what is best for you :hug:

Hope you are not suffering too badly, you have my sympathies, hayfever is evil!

Clarityn is loratadine, so it sounds like you might be able to carry on with your usuals princess... but def consult gp before taking anything.

:shock: im confused now as my doc, looked everything up and it deffo said NOOOOO to taking them :?

I know you've already mentioned it but I used local honey every morning for the season last year and I felt fine, did use a nasal spary on a few occasions but not sure if its ok during pregnancy, it was Flixonase. Hope you get sorted and fingers crossed, I'm ok so far this year .....

Loratadine (aka Clarityn) is one of those antihistamines where there hasn't been sufficient clinical trials performed to test its safety in pregnancy, hence the manufacturers would usually cover their backs by issuing the statement "To be avoided during pregnancy". Doctors, who may have previously prescribed this medicine before to pregnant women may be more willing to carry on doing so, whereas other doctors may prefer to play it safe and tell patients not to take them.

A non-medicinal way of preventing hayfever is to apply some Vaseline above the top lip and to the insides of the nostrils - this will help act as a barrier to the pollen, thereby preventing the pollen from entering the system.

Also, if you are suffering from a blocked nose, you can use Sterimar sea water nasal spray or Normal Saline nasal drops, both available from the chemist. Both these products only contain salt as their active ingredient but is usefel as a decongestant.

Thanks that's really informative! :D

I'm going to try vaseline and honey then, and keep up with the eye drops and maybe it'll be OK! Just need to get through June, that's my bad month. But I am going camping in a couple of weeks :roll:

my doc said this morning that all anti histamines were def a no, can only use some nasil sprays and eye drops :?
Think ill stick to my local honey to be safe.

what with do not click with the name phar-macy cant type that word? lol
hows it bad?

yea i said about vaseline its what boots and another chemist recommended to me. he said it locks the pollen in what they all said lol id thought it lock it out tho lol

omg...i'm off to the g.p :evil: i'll be so furious if i'm taking something they're not sure about!!

Just seen a GP about this as been really bad today and she said that I am not allowed to take any tablet form as it contains antihistamene but have been prescribed one that you spay up your nose.

Was also told to stay indoors with windows closed and use vasaline on my nose :( how boring!

I havent tried the vasaline on my nose yet, where abouts do you put it? can you see it?!!
Ppl will ask me questions as no one knows im preggers!

Around the nostrils she said, to be honest i havent tried it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back