hayfever

Layla

Reaction score
my hayfever is the worst its ever been this year, not only is it bad in the day, but it also carrys on through the night!

I have been looking for thing i can take on the net, and Zirtek keeps coming up alot.

has anyone taken this during pregnancy, it says on the net that pregnant woman are given it by there doctors in extreme cases.

I need something! eye drops are not helping and i was told i cant have any nose sprays.

im not sleeping very well, my eyes are very sore through rubbing and stratching them, i need tablets!!!

Piriton was the only thing my GP said I could take - you can get it over the counter or from your GP under a different name.

HTH xx

Hi Layla,
I saw my GP yesterday and asked him about hayfever as mine is terrible at the moment. He said it's fine to take eyedrops and nasal sprays (Beconase) as they're not absorbed.
Hope that helps.
Lucyx

i will have to wait till monday to see my GP now, that seems like ages away with your sratching your eyes out and h aving nose bleeds every 5 secs!
my hay fever is so bad this year and im really annoyed i cant take my normal tablets "just in case" it affects the baby.

people drink, smoke and take drugs the whole way through there pregnancies and there babys are fine!

grrrrrrr

Ditto Sami, My doc said that Piriton was the only pill licenced, tested and old enough to take. I did however notice that the baby stopped kicking as pirition is a sedative med. The only really recommend use in the 2nd trimester (as it makes the baby too sleepy in the 3rd, and might be problematic for the developing 1st) but my allergies are so bad that my throat swells and closes over so its the lesser of too evils to take the pills.

If you've the spare cash I'd advise getting an air filter for your bedroom and leaving it on all day with the door closed (even when you're out) so at least you have some sanctuary... mines been an absolute godsend and I've not had to take any meds for 2wks and the kickings back on.

Hope this helps.

where do you get an air filter from?

I saw my doc this morning and he gave me Zirtek, yay, no more hay fever for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back