• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having to trick him to get him to eat!!

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

2 weeks ago Antonio started to refuse his food (homemade) the only way I can get him to eat is if I give him 1 spoon of petits filous yogart and then 1 spoon of pureed food. Its now 2 weeks later and hes still refusing to eat his main meal with desert afterwards, I am literally having to feed him a spoon of yogart then spoon of food, problem i have now is that hes starting to get really clever!!!! :shock: He keeps his mouth shut until the spoon rests on his bottom lip and if he tastes just a sidgen of food he keeps his lips sealed but if he tastes a little of his petits filous his mouth is wide open!!

He's having petit filous 3 times a day now along with his meals as thats the only thing he will willingly eat!! I tried him on other pureed fruit but he point blank refuses it :(

Up until now we had no problems and loved his food.

Is having 3 yogarts a day going to harm him in any way? Does anyone elses LO's do this???

Thanks

T xx

They go through phases like this. You can either do what you are doing or chance it and not give him the yogurt and see what happens. I would keep doing what you are doing, I never think a yogurt is a bad thing. Ive had so many fights with kids over food that I choose my battles carefully.

I have noticed James has become a lot more fussy about his food which is something i thought i would NEVER see! He is also reaching for the spoon more etc so I figured it was because he is wanting to feed himself so I have been giving him more finger foods and it seems to be working. I have to top him up with a decent dessert as he manages to get most of it all over himself or the dogs get fed all his dropped bits, but once he has fed himself for a bit he doesnt mind me helping him as much after that!

midna said:
can i just ask why you are still puree foods ..he might take better to finger foods and he can have them from 6 months that way he can pick it up play with it and explore flavors himself ..once hes done that then offer a yoghurt. xx ??..jus a though tx

Hi hun,

you do have a very good point however I put a posting on here not so long ago explaining that Antonio gags and pukes everywhere with finger food and a few people suggested that maybe he wasnt ready and to carry on with pureed foods, which is what ive done. I might try him again tomorrow and see what happens. I know hes hugry otherwise he wouldnt gobble the while pot of yogart up but hes just becoming very fussy.

xxx

I would worry. Daniel also have phases like this. And its not the worst thing. Sometimes he refuses to eat alltogether (but I thinm he is getting to the tantrum stages :think: )

Just keep offering him pureed foods first. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back