Having a down day

Hunnie

Reaction score
Started work placement in a nursery today and I thought it might help me to prepare for arrival of LO, but it really hasn't. It's just made me feel even more out of my depth with everything thats happening and about being a mum. Oh dear :(!!!

It'll be totally different with your own. I am no good with other peoples children at all so I couldn't even get practice runs in ;)

Dont worry, you've got a while yet to get used to the idea, even then you will adjust once your little one arrives. Think on all the positives hun, it'll be fab x

I agree I'm the same I always feel a little bit awkward round other peoples kids, and I always find myself a little less tolerable. God that sounds horrible lol! But with your own you'll feel totally different and your instinct will tell you what to do.
You'll be fine sweet :hugs: x

ah dont worry other peoples kids are so different from your own.

since being pregnant i cant stand others kids and if im in the supermarket and their screaming i find myself thinking 'cant they shut the f**k up' lol i know its hormonal but they really annoy me x x

I think it's the fact that because I literally can't stand any of the children I worry that I'm going to feel like this about the LO. The children don't even do anything wrong and are actually all really nice children, I'm just being grumpy for no reason lol. I don't think it helps there is another pregnant woman here and she seems to be loving every minute of being pregnant and tbh doesn't really stop talking about it all, whereas I haven't enjoyed my pregnancy one bit really and it just makes me feel even more guilty :(.

Countdown has started lol! Only 8 more days to go until placement is over.

Hunnie dont worry about it. You will feel so different about your own child. And when LO arrives you will feel like you can take on anything as its such an overwhelming feeling xx

Everyone is right its different when its ur own I used to work in nursery and hated it so much I couldn't wait to go home at the end of the day but with my little boy now I don't want to be apart from him.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

ah dont worry other peoples kids are so different from your own.

since being pregnant i cant stand others kids and if im in the supermarket and their screaming i find myself thinking 'cant they shut the f**k up' lol i know its hormonal but they really annoy me x x

so so so soooooooooo agree lmao!!! id hate someone to think that of my children so i always make sure they are quiet and well behaved when we are shopping! im blessed with good children (after alot of work training them lol.. i will gladly take full credit lol!!)

once you get that rush of love and the hormones you need after birth youll be fine babe.. its very different dealing with others children to your own xx

youll be a great mum... just the fact your worrying is a good sign :hug:

Ahah, I can totally relate to the other replies here :D

I've baby-sat my 5 month old niece a few times since being pregnant, her parents and my mother in law keep saying to me, "A bit of practice for you Tiff" but it really isn't! She's cute and lovely don't get me wrong, but when she cries and has a moan I'm just like, "Errr, please stop".

I find that I am extremely awkward with other people's children and a lot of them annoy me.
I can't pick them up and snuggle them like I think I will with Grace. I think I'd be more confident and comfortable babysitting a dog! :lol:

My nephew was here a few weeks ago too, he's 12 and my gosh can he talk! My OH said, "Grace is going to be like that you know?" but that doesn't bother me, and it doesn't bother me that she'll cry like my baby niece either.. because Grace is mine and I won't feel 'restricted' when it comes to holding my own baby and caring for her. It's strange I know but I just feel like there's boundaries when it comes to other people's children, unless they are your Grandchild. I know for a fact my mum is going to be very mother-like with Grace, just like my mother in law is with her sons baby.

People probably think I'm going to be a bad mum because children annoy me and because I'm not very affectionate towards them but I don't think that's the case at all, It's just different with other people's children.

Hope you feel better soon.
I find that lately I'm really emotional and feel 'poopy'. I think I need a good cry to be honest!
xxx

I'll admit I had a little cry last night about it. Had a cuddle session with one of the 8 months old and it wasn't so bad but I do hope it's better once my own baby is here.

You have a special bond with your own child(ren) completely different to anyone elses. Mine can be buggers at times but only at home but i still love them to pieces and wouldnt swap them for the world xx

ok so I wont repeat what the others have said as I agree AND, you get a little tiny weeny one and you grow with them, your parenting love and skills develop as time goes on. Youre not given a 2 yr own from birth for a reason (if this makes sense) I would have disowned mine if he stated off at 2yrs old ha ha. If i was faced with a room of kids then I would want to scream and run the other way....in fact Id rather eat my own arm than work with children, but mine I ADORE and I know others dont feel like that about my little boy but hey ho I dont care. You will be fine poppett I couldnt imagine anything worse than starting work in a nursery just before having a child as its like trying to drive a car on your own without any lessons...hopes this makes sense xxx

Last edited:
Just a little update :) end of the week and I feel a lot more settled round the babies and children and I don't feel as out of my depth anymore! :D xxx

blimey well done you...It would have taken me ages to get used to it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back