Have you used a doula?

bwakeling

Reaction score
Hi mums,

I'm writing a piece for BornFree on doulas, and am interested to know if you used or are using a doula during your birth. How did you find the right one for you? What did they do, both before, during and after birth? Would you recommend it? And, perhaps most importantly - were they worth the money?

I have used a doula and although I felt very good about it while being pregnant and in labour in the end it was completely useless. i had a horrible birth in the hospital (emergency) where so many things were done against my will (own midwife and doula were basically told to stfu). The doula came to the hospital a few days later but after that she never ever had time anymore and basically haven't heard from her again. It was supposed to be one postnatal meetup but that was the time I needed more than while being pregnant. It was nice to speak to someone during pregnancy but for 750 euros (around 600 Gbp) I found it a lot of money and waste (it isn't covered by insurance where I live). I could have used that money for kuch more usefull things.

It obvisouly didn't make labour easier and or shorter. also hubby is a great support so I don't need anyone else. Second time it was just hubby and me and it went to fast and easy and daughter was born at home without anyone interfering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back