Have u bought anything yet?

Nikki77

Reaction score
If so what? I bought a sterilizer while i was ttc which was the biggest amount of money on something so far. Ive also bought clothes but not buying anymore until i kno if im having a pink or blue baby! Ive also bought newborn nappies and a bottle cooler. Its just so exciting i want 2 buy so much but my oh says we should wait! X

Not spent any money yet, but in my bounty pack from midwife there was a voucher to get a nappy starter kit, i got that already, and it had a pair of winnie the pooh socks in too :D , i bought a pregnancy magazine and joined the aptimal website, entered a code that was in the magazine and got a polar bear teddy, my mum has bought a few teddy bears, she also got a moses basket from a friend of hers, it has hardly been used, she also got a pram, a car seat and a baby bath from a different friend of hers, so got quite a bit of stuff for no cost so far :cheer:

We have bought our double pushchair now but nothing else so far :hug:

Nope, my mum's very superstitious and she's kinda scared me not into not buying anything until after my scan.

We've bought a few bits already! Only clothes really, too exciting not to

xx

We ordered our pram on Tuesday after we had been for the scan :cheer:

Going to buy a few grows after 12 week scan, and get my sling towards 3rd tri :D

Dont really need alot, got my boobs, got my bed guard (going to co sleep again) and have a car seat already.

Will buy more clothes towards the end, but as im not finding out the sex I wont be getting too much :D

We have our scan next Wednesday. DH is coming with me to look at shortlisted prams/pushchairs/carseats this weekend. If we decide on one of the models that are currently in the sale, we'll order it after the scan. Otherwise we'll wait.

I'm not in a hurry to buy stuff, but if we save >£200 by buying stuff this month rather than waiting till April, we will definitely buy it!

no not gonna buy anything till after 12wk scan cos i know once i start buying stuff i wont be able to stop!!!! :(

I'm reluctant to buy anything as yet but we got given a teething ring thing the other day.
I have my bounty voucher at the ready for next time I'm near an ASDA

I have started looking for cotbeds etc on ebay - can't afford to buy new but will of course buy a new matress.

We've put our impractical cars on the market so once we've sold those we'll be buying a reliable family car which will hold a baby and all the other stuff required.

Currently saving up for a new bra (now my boobs have grown) and some maternity clothes - money is very tight in our household at the moment but those will be needed in the next few weeks.

I've bought a 3in1 Mamas & papas pram off ebay the week before xmas, it was such a bargin at just £68 and exactly what i wanted, Traditional style sprung chassis with large wheels, carrycot top, pushcair top, car seat & in car base...and its like new :D i know my mum has been buying a few bits & she's going to start knitting soon.
I'm in the same boat as a few other people, i just cant afford to buy everything new so i'm keeping a lookout for bargins and grabbing them when i see them.

Frog99 said:
I'm reluctant to buy anything as yet but we got given a teething ring thing the other day.
I have my bounty voucher at the ready for next time I'm near an ASDA

I have started looking for cotbeds etc on ebay - can't afford to buy new but will of course buy a new matress.

We've put our impractical cars on the market so once we've sold those we'll be buying a reliable family car which will hold a baby and all the other stuff required.

Currently saving up for a new bra (now my boobs have grown) and some maternity clothes - money is very tight in our household at the moment but those will be needed in the next few weeks.

In ikea they sell a cot for £20 something which my sister had it and it was fine :)

I won't buy anything until Ive had my first scan. I don't want to jinx things but I have told quite a lot of people but I couldnt contain myself.

My gran and grandad have said they will by the pram, auntie the cot, close family friend the crib....the list goes on

Over the last 4 years of ttc i've picked up loads of stuff. In 2006 I gave most of it away to an xbox friend who was expecting, including the silver cross pram i'd fallen in love with and couldn't resist getting (it was 2nd hand)
Yesterday whilst having a clearout we found some of the baby grows etc that we kept and have packed them away and hidden them for now. xx

Jaded Diamond said:
Over the last 4 years of ttc i've picked up loads of stuff. In 2006 I gave most of it away to an xbox friend who was expecting, including the silver cross pram i'd fallen in love with and couldn't resist getting (it was 2nd hand)
Yesterday whilst having a clearout we found some of the baby grows etc that we kept and have packed them away and hidden them for now. xx

:shock: You gave it away ?!?!?!?

I know! Nuts right?
I think I'd just given up on the hope of ever being a mum.
The lady gave us some money for the stuff, but it was more for the petrol cos we drove it all down and dropped it off for her.
I loved that pram so much haha. Although G's dad has always said he wants to buy the pram so i'll hopefully get the new 3d system lol.
xx

still waiting for my scan, but now i am almost ready for tri 2 i am going to buy one item a week, or maybe more than that :D , i will have to buy unisex clothes for now so will just buy bibs and babygrows, stuff like that, and i might get stocked up on nappies

i dont really need anything for this baby (good thing about having them sooo close)
but i have brought a few items of clothes that i couldnt resist.
will be buying some nappies soon aswell as get my free pack from asdas and will buy a pack a month when i get thomas' anyway.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back