Have i been forgotten about?

xx.kelly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help me?

I am 10 and a half weeks pregnant and have not been contacted by a midwife or a hospital for a 12 week scan appointment….i am getting a little concerned that I have been forgotten about? :wall: :wall: :wall:

When should I have had an appointment?

Kelly
x

I'm sure you haven't been forgotten but perhaps give them a call and chase it up if your concerned? This problem appears to be quite common.

I would say that if they have not contacted you that perhaps you should contact your midwife and just inform her - just incase :D

I'm sure they will get you booked in though :D

The thing is thought that i havent even been given any details on my midwife yet....the doctor found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks and still nothing...

I am getting very anxious :(

was everyone contacted before this?

Oh wow! Have you not had a booking in appointment? If not you need to go back to your Dr immediately and get referred!

I havent had anything. I was given a scan at the early pregnancy unit because i was bleeding heavily but they have nothing to do with my doctor and told me that my doctor would have to refer me which she says she has done...

did your midwife contact you?

my midwife called my last week... i registered my pregnancy with my gp at the start of august and the midwife appt and scan have been sorted automatically since then...
sorry you're having a stressful time!

I think most women are lucky to get any scans/attention before the 12th week. Although im on the NHS system, most of my british friends here in Spain who go to the hospital get a prescription for folic acid and then they get told not to come back until week 12 unless they bleed, faint or have severe pain. Its as simple as that. The midwives are too busy and just dont wanna know unless something actually goes 'wrong'. Sad as that is they certainly wont pamper women with reassurance scans to find heartbeats etc.

I was actually quite lucky and given a reassurance scan and we did see the heartbeat...but i have had no care or anything since then.

I just phoned my doctors and she said the hospital they referred me to will be in touch when they are ready!!!!!????!!!!

When they are ready!....silly old woman....

Sorry guys just really annoyed now :(

i am the same i havent heard a thing from my midwife, its quite confusing though as i have had 3 mc in the past my gp refered me straight to early preg unit they have been really good and scan me when i feel worried at all. but i havent heard a thing from my community midwife for the usual booking in things like bp urine test, ect

Charming! Who did you speak to at the Drs? Just a receptionist? If so, make an appt with your Dr and go and tell him/her that you still have not been referred.

Hmm. I'm sure you should have at least got a date through for your scan. Mine came through a few days after I'd been to the doctor.

But my first midwife appointment is not until 8th August which, according to the schedule they sent me, is in keeping with their policy for a first pregnancy. They reckon on you seeing the midwife some point between 11 and 15 weeks.

So, in my area (I'm registered with Epsom hospital), it seems standard that they leave you alone for the whole first trimester without even any idea of whom to contact if you have any concerns, bar your GP. Not very confidence inspiring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back