How do i book my 12 week scan?

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I contacted my midwife and left a message on her answerphone to say I was given her number by my GP and I was pregnant. She left a message saying she had me in her diary and would meet me in the new year.

I'm concerned as no-one has contacted me about my 12 week scan which would be the 5th Jan (although I have booked myself in for the Nuchal private scan on 3rd Jan)

How did you book your 12 week scan? Should I contact my GP?

I did receive some stickers the other day saying an antenatal appointment will be in the post.

Mx

Here I got a letter saying when my 12 weeks scan was - and I was going to be 16 weeks! I got an scan at 13 weeks as I was admitted to hospital so the 12 week one that was book was cancelled and they booked me in for my 20 week scan.

If you have booked in with the doctor then I would assume that you will have to wait till the hospital contact you regarding your scan. It might not be at 12 weeks as it depends how busy they are. I booked in with my doctor and they refered it to the hospital and I was told you have to wait for someone to contact you. I didn't get my booking in appointment with the midwife until I was 16 weeks.

we dont get a scan here until 16 weeks and then another at 20 weeks

Its done via your MW/GP so when you see her she'll send off all the paperwork to the hospital and you'll get your scan date through then. Chances are she may have already sent off the paperwork to the hospital regarding booking you a scan and you'll hear from them soon. Normally the date doesn't come through too far in advance, usually only a couple of weeks tops.

It may be you don't have a 12 week one in your area hence your MW not worrying about it yet. You may find its a 16 week one or later.

If you are having a Nuchal and bloods taken I'd not worry about the 12 week one. I actually cancelled my 12 week scan via the NHS after I had my Nuchal privately. While it would have been nice to see baby again, I got to spend a long time on the private scan and had pics etc and heard heartbeat. I didn't fancy a 40 minute drive and a full bladder a few days later as I was still feeling like total crap back then with morning sickness etc :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back