Have gone mad! Nesting or what

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hey, I am due Wednesday, though I don't think she will be here then!! I am having a serious crisis...my OH and I painted the baby room pink and lilac and the colours were dark and I have hated them since we did it, but was not keen to upset OH by complaining!! We live ina small house and dark rooms look like dungeons, which is not good for a nice calming atmosphere for the baby..

We argued the other day and I told him I hated the colour and could not settle with the room as it is.. so he said fine do it white if you want.. so yesterday I went out and got some paint and have almost finished the room, with another coat to put on the walls of white paint... he said that I was mad, but I don't think he understand how right it has to feel for me... he in a bad mood with me and told me to rest, but he won't help me with the painting as he sees me as being difficult.. I can not help this urge to change the walls... it is like I need to do it or I cannot have the baby in the room..? Am I mad or Nesting...

I so have to get it done though!!! Argghh..

Hope everyone well; :dance:

Last edited:
I would say NESTING big time!!!!!!!
It's really strange though isn't it, the room has to be perfect to the last little detail like never before and little one probably won't even be in it to start with anyway if they are going to sleep in your room!!!
Completely get where you are coming from though, I have a huge list of things to do in the next 7 weeks that are probably completely irrelevant to having a baby but have an urge that they have to be done before baby comes!
OH is probably worried about you overdoing it at the moment, but would be better if he gave you a hand!:wall2:
Hope it gets finished for you and looks just like you imagine it should :dance:

Wanna come paint my house?? I sooooo cant be arsed!! My bubba wont have a room all of her/his own - will share with 2 brothers cos I dont have the room. Baby will sleep in my room for 3 - 6 months anyway but really should at least freshen up the room before baby comes. Cant wait for my nesting to get me off my fat lazy arse lol

I am STILL waiting for my nesting bug to kick in... I am so lazy, even considering a little afternoon nap ;-)

At least you will feel happier now the room is how you like it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back