Have decided I love swimming!!!

Lulubelle

Reaction score
Ahh, had a great day, I went swimming for an hour with my step-daughter (grown-up) today, we swam nearly 1/2 K which felt like a marathon but I feel great now.

Years ago I used to swim on the county team and when I worked in a boarding school I was allowed to use the pool when the kids were in bed so everynight me and a mate used to swim a mile 5 days a week.

The water used to be my second home but I put on a LOT of weight and when I didn;t have acsess to a privae pool, I stopped swimmng.

I plucked up the courage to g today and loved it. It was hard work with the bump, especially trying o swim on my back, but good fun tryng, so we are going on monday as well! So can't wait!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Glad you enjoyed it :) sounds good!
I've never really liked swimming, I used to swim for my county when i was about 10/11 but I never really enjoyed it. I still don't now! I tried in the early stages of pregnancy and just didn't enjoy it :( nearest I get to swimming is a bath... lol

But i'm glad you've found your way back into it and are enjoying it!

I used to hate swimming - but I love being in the water now I'm pregnant :dance: I just hate the feeling when you get out and gravity suddenly hits you :)
Aquanatal is great fun, I'd recommend it.

Im going swimming on suday with James
im looking forward to it
glad you had a great day it good exercise and fun too.
:D
sarah :wave: :wave:

I've been swimming throughout my pregnancy and absolutely love it!

I think it's great as don't feel as heavy as when walking. Lately my bump has started to feel a bit tight at times though (particularly when doing free style). I also take more breaks. I usually swim for 30 mins with two breaks when I stretch to avoid cramps...

Great to hear that you are enjoying swimming too :dance:

I love the feeling of weightlessness in the water as well. Mind you, when I got out I felt like my back was going to snap in two there was suddenly so muh weight there! I'd not realised how heavy my bump was!!!

I went again today, and instead of doing nearly 1/2 k, we did exactly 1/2k. I could have carried on but my stepdaughters husband was meeting her and we didn't want to be late.

We are trying for 600m on wednesday!

i bought a couple of maternity cossies off ebay y'day, bargains, both under £2 and both new

im hoping they arrive soon as we are off to a haven site next week and i want to take advantage of the pool :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back