Swimming

kalia

Reaction score
I'm going to be an elegant seahorse! :D

I went to aquanatal on Wednesday and one of the things we did was swim with a woggle (the long foam tube thing for swimming with) going under us so it came up in front and behind, if you see what I mean. The lady taking the class said we looked like elegant seahorses, which makes a pleasant change from being a beached whale! Using it I could swim (a bit like cycling), which is great as I'm no good at crawl and I'm not suposed to do breaststroke so all that was left was doggy paddle :roll:

I went to Mothercare this afternoon and they had the woggles so I've bought a bright pink one and I'm going to go to the pool tomorrow. Hooray for water!

If you've not tried swimming while pregnant yet, I thoroughly recommend it! It's so much easier to move :) The only bad thing is the way gravity hits you as you get out :rotfl:

I'm going to be an elegant seahorse! :D

I went to aquanatal on Wednesday and one of the things we did was swim with a woggle (the long foam tube thing for swimming with) going under us so it came up in front and behind, if you see what I mean. The lady taking the class said we looked like elegant seahorses, which makes a pleasant change from being a beached whale! Using it I could swim (a bit like cycling), which is great as I'm no good at crawl and I'm not suposed to do breaststroke so all that was left was doggy paddle :roll:

I went to Mothercare this afternoon and they had the woggles so I've bought a bright pink one and I'm going to go to the pool tomorrow. Hooray for water!

If you've not tried swimming while pregnant yet, I thoroughly recommend it! It's so much easier to move :) The only bad thing is the way gravity hits you as you get out :rotfl:

glad you enjoyed it
i wanted to go swimming while pregnant but only if i could wear normal clothes as i hate my body haha :lol:

glad you enjoyed it
i wanted to go swimming while pregnant but only if i could wear normal clothes as i hate my body haha :lol:

I haven't been swimming whilst pregnant so far this time, and only did before 12 weeks the first time around.
I think I should make the effort to experience it really, it sounds great :think:

I haven't been swimming whilst pregnant so far this time, and only did before 12 weeks the first time around.
I think I should make the effort to experience it really, it sounds great :think:

I swim 2-3 times a week and I love it, I go in the eveing when the girls are in bed and OH has them, it really helps to relax me and I find I get a better nights sleep :dance:

I swim 2-3 times a week and I love it, I go in the eveing when the girls are in bed and OH has them, it really helps to relax me and I find I get a better nights sleep :dance:

I'm in the pool every day teaching and I don't find it easy to swim. My centre of balance is off and I feel awkward.

I wish i was a water baby (so to speak). I've never been into it really. I do like the sea (though not when its too cold).

I also am too stingy to buy a costume to cover bump! lol

Bee said:
I'm in the pool every day teaching and I don't find it easy to swim. My centre of balance is off and I feel awkward.

I'm not used to swimming so I don't notice it so much. I just liked floating around sitting on the woggle :D I guess to a swimming teacher that's not swimming though :think: Just hanging out in the pool.

BabyBee - do you have a bikini or a tankini? I'm wearing a tankini that I bought in the summer. The top and bottom sooo don't meet any more - I just let my belly hang out :rotfl:

I'm going swimming again this afternon. I used to hate swimming - mostly the idea of communual bathing in chemicals - but I hate feeling like a whale and being in pain more!

Gosh Kalia - you're motivated!

I go to aquanatal once a week and use those bendy float things. When I went this week there was no midwife to take the group so we got a free swim instead. Trying to do breaststroke was hilarious. Like Bee says, your centre of gravity totally changes when pregnant and I found towards the shallow end my feet were actually hitting the floor!!

It is much fun when pregnant though - really nice to have that feeling of weightlessness.

ooh I think I will have to have a try but don't have the car through week
we end up doing DIY at weekends
I think I'll see what buses go to my nearest pool I fancy just floating
x

I swim once a week but with a 3 year old so not quite the same relaxing experience :lol:

I do have a bikini (well 10 actually!). I am a bit worried about flashing a lot of flesh though!!
But i might give swimming/floating a try, my mum and sister go each week so i could tag along

kalia said:
Bee said:

I'm not used to swimming so I don't notice it so much. I just liked floating around sitting on the woggle :D I guess to a swimming teacher that's not swimming though :think: Just hanging out in the pool.

Yeah good point ;)

I have a 2 piece I bought from Primark - long top and shorts.

Id like to try swimming as i enjoy it normaly
but im being stingy dont feel the cost of getting a maternity cossie is worth it as how often would i use it

where did you get your cossie
i looked in mother care but £26 :shock: no way!!
do you think just going for a cheap larger size cossie is the way to go?

I've done aqua natal since I stopped work (2 weeks now) nad I swim whenever my mate goes with me 'cos I don't like going on my own.

I don't make as many lengths swimming as I used to but then it was never my fatsest or sleekest sport - I still nail around 20 lengths though when we go swimming. I really like the aqua natal for excercise because I miss the endorphins from running and I feel safe to work hard at aqua N with a midwife there (I stay comfortable though - not out of breath or anything).

I'm thinking of seeing if there's a second one I can go to as well - I'd quite like to go twice a week.

On the seahorse thingy... I thought they were really cool, especially when I just lay back and floated but then I realised I had a giant pink sausage sticking out from inbetween my legs!!

geordie lass said:
Id like to try swimming as i enjoy it normaly
but im being stingy dont feel the cost of getting a maternity cossie is worth it as how often would i use it

where did you get your cossie
i looked in mother care but £26 :shock: no way!!
do you think just going for a cheap larger size cossie is the way to go?

Primark - I got a 2 piece for £7 in total. Got a slightly bigger top size and its fits fine over the bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back