has anyone made a complaint to NHS? What did they do?

clairescunny55

Reaction score
I've been told to complain about my sh*tty midwife care with ryan, how they let me go 10days late when they knew he was going to be big after a growth scan,i was told they were 'too busy'. i was never tested for gestational diabetes, neither was ryan tested. This is the cause of my back troubles, been going on a year, and what a shit year its been.

Happy Chick has.. Not sure the outcome was overly inspiring but im sure if you PM her she will help you :hug:

i agree you should complain!i dont know how you would go about it though.maybe you could contact citizenz advice or a solicitor? maybe your health visitor would know?is there a childrens centre near you?they could point you in the right direction maybe?good luck hun.I hope youre doin ok.how did the steroid jab go by the way?ive not heard from you since you went in?has it worked at all? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

helsekia said:
i agree you should complain!i dont know how you would go about it though.maybe you could contact citizenz advice or a solicitor? maybe your health visitor would know?is there a childrens centre near you?they could point you in the right direction maybe?good luck hun.I hope youre doin ok.how did the steroid jab go by the way?ive not heard from you since you went in?has it worked at all? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had high hopes of it working, i even applied for a job i was that confident it'd work. but guess what. it didnt work. god knows how much longer its gunna go on for. We're skint and i cant work like this.

Hi there
can i ask why you feel you should have been tested for Gestational diabetes?

If you are unhappy with how things went then you should complain yes, if you contact your hospital and ask them for their complaints procedure they should be able to tell you who to go to.

clairescunny55
i had high hopes of it working, i even applied for a job i was that confident it'd work. but guess what. it didnt work. god knows how much longer its gunna go on for. We're skint and i cant work like this.

bummer.thats a real shame as it would of been the answer to your prayers.I know its a stab in the dark but arent you entitled to sick pay at all?i dont know how it works but if the gp agrees you cant work arent you entitled to something?

do you have to go back to the hospital at all?have they any other suggestions?

i had to quit work as they were going to make me redundant on the grounds of ill health. i cant get incapacity benefit because we dont get income support (stupid). the hospital dont no what else to try. i read about gest. diabetes can cause 'fat/big' babies, which is why i think i should've been tested, plus my urine was always showing sugar.

I made an informal complaint to my hospital through the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) who basically guided me through the infomal stage but would have also helped had I decided to take it to a formal complaint.

You can find out more about them here: http://www.pals.nhs.uk/

I basically outlined my issues in an email and they went away and talked to the relevant people at the hospital. I got a formal response through them too. At the time I decided not to take it farther but they would have dealt with that if I'd wanted.

i was tested for gestational diabetes and was told it was because caden grew so big so fast while i was pregnant.my friend was tested the same reason being given so yeah i would of thought a test might of been offered.

pals are brilliant. my sister complained about our drs surgery the other day and they sorted it all out.

I would complain, they had all the facts claire and chose to ignore them, i would take it further.

I'm so so sorry you're having to go through this :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Are they going to try you with another injection ? (not sure if they can in your back but i had 3 into my shoulder).
I can kind of empathise with you but mine was through a car accident.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

they wont try anymore injections as the chances of it working after this one didnt are slim. and its very painful to go through :(

All our families wanted us to complain about how my experience went (see birth story) I was even cleared for a home birth and they tried to send me home when I was in labour. If I had followed their advice, Jack and I almost definately would not be here now :(

Scares me to think that someone a little less stubborn (which I was only due to advice on this forum :hug: ) could end up in an awful situation.

helsekia said:
i was tested for gestational diabetes and was told it was because caden grew so big so fast while i was pregnant.my friend was tested the same reason being given so yeah i would of thought a test might of been offered.

I was tested too for the same reason.

I'm so sorry it hasn't worked for you Claire :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

clairescunny55 said:
i had to quit work as they were going to make me redundant on the grounds of ill health. i cant get incapacity benefit because we dont get income support (stupid). quote]

Thats not right, so long as you have paid enough tax in the relevant year then you can make a claim. Its nothing to do with income support and is not means tested, you just have to have worked enough in the relevant years which would be april 2007-2008 (I think!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back