Has anyone kept their babies name a secret...

I don't mind at all if anyone on here chose the same name or anything, but I'd be annoyed if someone who my child was gonna see all the time had the same name if you know what i mean? x

I must be a very odd fish, I honestly couldn't care less lol. We're sure on Evan if it's a boy, still haven't a clue for a girl. So far, hardly anybody likes the name but I don't care- it's our baby, not theirs :lol: We love it, and it has a lot of sentimental value to us, so if people don't like it, I can't say I give a fiddler's. There's no one close to me that is pregnant atm, so I'm not worried about family or friends stealing it, and I don't mind at all if anyone on the forum decided they wanted the name too- what an honor, I think. And if we ever met up, how lovely would it be to explain it to the kids when they're older?!

That said, I think it was I.Love who asked if she could add Evan to her list of possible boy names- hun, all I ask is that if you do decide on using it, just make sure you give me a thanks on the birth announcement! :lol:

x

Hi

I really wish I'd kept my favourite name a secret! I told my mum and then the next day I got a text from my uncle saying he hated it! I told OH not to tell his friends because they'd laugh at anything and I don't want to feel like I've picked a bad name. True to form, he told one of his friends, but he hasn't told any of the others YET! I've told two of my friends who would never laugh, and they both love it.

Incidentally, the name is Caleb, which I think is gorgeous. But people think it's weird... At least I'm not worrying about people stealing it!

xx

Part of me is thinking her name is chosen now and im hoping we dont change our mind so why dont we tell everyone but another part of me is thinking we have to keep something a secret that only my OH and me know plus if anyone chose it and was due before me id be absolutely mortified, silly i know but i like to be different x x

Hi

We picked out my son's name really early and didn't tell anyone. He is called Thomas so not unusual so I wouldn't have been surprised if someone I knew called their baby that before mine was born. I suppose it might have upset me a bit if they had just because I wouldn't want to them to think I was copying. But there is no way I was going to change my mind!! I liked that we kept it as a secret to ourselves until he was born. When my daughter was due, we struggled to find a name we both liked and when we finally chose her name we didn't tell anyone until she was born. I thought my mum wouldn't like the name we picked so I didn't want to tell her because I knew she would never say anything about our name choice after the baby was born!

Hermione xx

I have a feeling people will want to have a pop at the name we have chosen as its not very common and I have changed the spelling of her first name so i might just leave my lips sealed abit longer x x

I have a feeling people will want to have a pop at the name we have chosen as its not very common and I have changed the spelling of her first name so i might just leave my lips sealed abit longer x x

I got a couple of comments on how my wee 1's name is pronounced/spelt - its Charis pronounced Kar-ees - its greek for grace.

:)

We had Calum then changed it to Matthew when he was born

My auntie had made a blanket with 'Calum' on it :lol:

I hate that when you're pregnant (unless its just me), friends/family that aren't pregnant tell you the names that they want because they want dibs on them. Is it just me?

I think it would be rubbish if someone you're close to picks the same name, but if a PF girl had the same name I really wouldn't mind at all.

Haha my friend did that to me! She said I wasn't allowed to call LO ethan because she plans on calling her son that when she eventually has one! If her and her OH were TTC I wouldn't have minded as much, but she (like me) is 21 and kids are not in her immediate future, so it was pointless, and I told her that... I said ok, fair enough, but you'll probably change your mind when you actually have kids, she changes her mind all the time about names that she likes!

Incidentally I didn't "steal" her name...

xx

I have to admit I did that to my little brother when they found out they were having a girl (3 years ago) - but that was cos i've had my little girls name choosen since I was 6, so he was well warned.

We've choosen our boys name - in a strange fashion -DH is known by his middle name and we're going down that route 2. Same first name as DH and his dad, but middle name for everyday.

Some of my friends know, and I've told my mum. Mostly i just say we've choosen it - but a couple of close friends said are we allowed to know - and Im not very good at saying no. lol

xxx

Where know where near to picking a name, we want something unusual. i guarntee she wont have a name until shes a week old, i really need to see her first. Our eldest is Taylor he has 3 Tylers in his year at school and our youngest is Harley x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back