Has anyone had their due date changed??

dani7919

Reaction score
Hi

I have have heard that when you go for a 20 week you may be given a new due date from what you were originally told on your dating scan.

I just wondered if this has happened to anyone and, if so, by how many days did it change?

I just want to find out if it changes just by days or has anyone had theirs changed by a few weeks? I'm probably worrying over nothing but if my due date moves 2 weeks earlier then I won't be entitled to the enhanced maternity package at work.

Thanks x

Yeah mine changed, was the 29th Jan and got changed to the 24th, the funny thing is my baby arrived on the 29th! X

I don't think they would be more than two weeks difference from your 12 week scan even if it did get moved - that's a LOT after already seeing babykins once, they'd have to have made some pretty terrible measurements to be that far out. I don't think you should worry x

Last edited:
They say 12 weeks scan is most accurate to date the pregnancy. I wouldn't worry. I really doubt they would be 2 weeks out xx

Really? I read, in the book from the Midwife, that they do not change your date at your 20 weeks scan and not to be alarmed if you measure small or big - measurements and dates were more accurate at 12 weeks than 20 (As Emma said above) - I suppose each region operates differently!

Flexi - love your avatar - you daughter is a beaut!

Last edited:
Wee heeee... thanks girls. Hopefully I'll have a bit more money to spend then ;-)

well ive never been changed even when the dates dont match the 12 week 1 is the most accurate so they use this mostly

mine got moved on my 12 week scan aha
it was the 24th August then got moved to the 20th i hope its not moved again!

I was told the same as Miss. Baby measured two weeks bigger at 20 weeks compared to 12 weeks but I was told the dates don't change. I'm 29 weeks now and I'm still measuring 2 weeks bigger and she said he may come earlier or growth may slow down towards the end therefore averaging out. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back