• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has anyone ever...

poppy160

Reaction score
...been pulled over by the Police for going round a roundabout incorrectly?

Last night my OH and I went to my parents for roast, and I offered to drive back cause he'd had a large glass of wine..it was about 9 o'clock and I was approaching a tiny..and I mean TINY roundabout, probably couldn't get any smaller than this one, and OH pointed out there was a Police car to the left of me. There was nobody to the right so I carried on going, literally took a second to go round it and the Policeman started flashing his lights at me..so I pulled over thinking it would be a random check (We have a Saxo so assumed he thought I was a boy racer or something), but he told me off for going round the roundabout 'Incorrectly'!! I don't understand?? He told me that would be 3 points on my license but it was a good thing he couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork..(I didn't have my license on me anyway, thank god!). He then continued to folllow me until we went separate ways, then got to the next town and another Police car coming the other way (I had to give way to him cause my side of the road had parked cars) who then turned around and started following me! He was really close aswell, OH thinks he was checking the number plate to do a check or something..I really felt like a criminal, lol.

Do you think that's wierd?? Going round a roundabout 'Incorrectly'?? Madness.. :( [/b]

I would of asked him to demonstrate how to do it properly :x police..

Well most police..some actually do what there supposed to do

Lol I would have done..but I was so grateful he didn't give me points I didn't want to anger him more.

was it in bangor ?! lol i got exactly the same i was going to pick DH up from work at 12 in the night and i went round it properly but the cops say i didnt so pulled me over on one of the steepest hills in the town and my car is old so iwas worried it would roll away with emma in it, then they wanted to breathalise me (i think cause it was a sat night) but they looked at me and emma and said i didnt look the type to drink and drive with a baby in the car. i was so shook up and upset :cry: :hug:

without sounding contorversial... it was 9pm on a sunday night... if he thought you had done something wrong he would have done the paperwork, for his scores if nothing else.

they probly didn't have much going on and just wanted something to occupy themselves with for a bit, or were playing snooker (is your car the colour of a snooker ball by any chance)...

the fools x

leckershell said:
without sounding contorversial... it was 9pm on a sunday night... if he thought you had done something wrong he would have done the paperwork, for his scores if nothing else.

they probly didn't have much going on and just wanted something to occupy themselves with for a bit, or were playing snooker (is your car the colour of a snooker ball by any chance)...

the fools x

Lol no the car is silver. I think he just thought I was a boy racer or something, but changed his mind when he saw me in the and my OH in the passenger seet holding a bunch of sweet peas lol. I just think they get drunk with power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back