has anyone been ill in pregnancy yet?

Had a couple of bouts of diarrhea but nothing more than that. i don't want any stomach bugs cos I can't deal with them. Colds I can do, bugs... no way! I end up in a right state. can't stand being sick or being near anyone that is sick! It scares me to death!

Mind you, even a cold right now would be painful as it would involve coughing and sneezing and that would cause PAIN in the old belly LOL

omg.. my tummy hurts sooo bad! ive had toast..about 11 for breaky.. forced it down.. having well bad bhs!! jeessuss!!!!

Poor Lisa! Hope it's just a bug and baby's not on its way! :D
I haven't been sick at all but have sinusitis and can't take anything stronger than paracetamol so on top of the getting comfy at night with bump, I also have to work out how to stop my face sinuses hurting and don't know if I need to be propped up or lying down!

im not in labour.. babys not on the way.. i think id have paniced if i hadnt been thro it b4 lol..but its jsut a tummy bug i think..

I hadn't got even a cold for years, while this autumn with the very first (and pretty mild) cold weather I got a terrible soar throat followed by a very bad cold which, combined, took about a week to disappear.

Thank God for those little balsamic plasters for the nose that make you breathe at night :D

Funny thing is that I never had morning sickness (physically), yet in the last month or so I have been sick twice. I've had a cold, which I managed to fight off, but the one thing I get the most is a bad stomach, so seeing plenty of the loo. Not good, but at least not permanent.

hope your feeling better soon :pray: :hug: I can totally sympathise, this is my first day out of bed since last saturday :cry: having gone down with the flu bug and spent sat/sun/mon in bed along with 2 pulled tummy muscles from coughing (bugger does that hurt alone) I sent OH to the chippy on monday night for tea for him and the kids, I had 2 mouthfuls of fish cake and couldnt eat it as it tasted rank, even tho it was the first thing i'd tried to eat in days. had the usuall milky coffee before bed as it was soothing my cough and woke up at 2 am with the start of the most severe food poisoning I have ever had :puke: :puke:

The tummy cramps started about an hour later and along with the pulled muscles, piles :oops: , and almost peeing everytime I coughed, I didnt know what to do with myself, the pains were so severe. had doc out twice, was given AB's and put on bed rest as by the end of day 2 I had lost 11 pounds :shock: infact a ring that had been stuck on my finger for over a year just fell off. STill feel lousy but better iykwim, poor bubs was tensing seconds before each and every cramp, so gawd knows what she was feeling like, it was scary :shock: so i really hope you feel better soon :pray:

:hug: :hug: Sounds like you've had an awful few days cleo :shock: Glad you're finally on the mend.

omg cleo! that sounds awefull.. although the 11lb weight loss sounds great..lol
lol.. sorry il shushup now xx lol

I have crohns disease and have had a particularly bad year with it. Have had 3 hospital stays and was signed off work for 5 months. I of course had to come off all my medication when we found out.... I have been fine though and my consultant says its all the hormones etc

At about 8 weeks I got tonsilitis and had to have antibiotics...

Had a bit of a cold and just took paracetamol and honey and lemon drinks.

I work with children so its a hazard of my job that i get everything they bring in!! :(

I work with kids too although I think (well thought..) I've just about caught every strain of cold in my 6 yrs of teaching that I could!!! Actually, considering I was doing supply teaching, I thought that I would catch everything going, but have been pretty healthy!

i suffer from a condition called hydridinitis.. its like a severe form of acne that manifests itself in the glands in the armpits and or groin (i dont get it there btw!!)as a kind of cyst like lump. The pill i had been on kept it under control but i havent been on it for a while obviously so it flared up again a few weeks ago.

So the lump gets full of nasty stuff... sometimes it will subside on its own because antibiotics generally dont touch it unless in a super high dose, other times I have to take the tablets but its for a long period of time. Cos of bubba i didnt want to take anything unless necessary but it started to make me really ill,, lots of headaches, more naseau and it hurt... so I sucummbed and got some antibiotics... feel much better and it is healing although it looks pretty nasty still....

I'm glad everyone else is starting t feel better too... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back