Happy Birthday Amandapanda

Thanks all :) Had a nice day - film was ok (The Resident) but not brilliant. Had a nice meal - the threat of indigestion stopped me from having my usual fave choice of pizza, but I had a gorgeous risotto instead and couldn't resist some garlic bread - yum yum!! Can you believe I didn't get one present??? My family don't really bother and apparantly I have the worlds worst husband when it comes to giving gifts :-( xxx

I'm so spoilt I would have had some sort of tantrum right in the restaurant if I realised I wasn't getting a gift! I wasn't raised that way either but I don't care, I'll admit, I'm an overgrown baby! Did that upset you a little even though you went out? Xx

Thanks all :) Had a nice day - film was ok (The Resident) but not brilliant. Had a nice meal - the threat of indigestion stopped me from having my usual fave choice of pizza, but I had a gorgeous risotto instead and couldn't resist some garlic bread - yum yum!! Can you believe I didn't get one present??? My family don't really bother and apparantly I have the worlds worst husband when it comes to giving gifts :-( xxx

I'm so spoilt I would have had some sort of tantrum right in the restaurant if I realised I wasn't getting a gift! I wasn't raised that way either but I don't care, I'll admit, I'm an overgrown baby! Did that upset you a little even though you went out? Xx

I'm gutted, haven't stopped crying!! He did the same at Christmas and I was so upset then that I would have thought he'd learnt his lesson!But obviously not. All day I thought he must be waiting to suprise me but as it got later and later I just got more and more down! Finally I went to bed and texted him from bed saying how I felt - he was so apologetic, said he has bought me some perfume but left it in London as it is exactly the same as what I have now and I still have a full bottle left so he thought he'd give it me when I ran out???? WTF??? He said he just is rubbish at buying gifts but I'd told him to get me chocs, flowers, a bracelet......anything! I guess at least I got a lovely card this time which he didn't do at Xmas. He really tried with the meal and the cinema I guess - but to me that was just a treat that we would do anyway and having no present to unwrap really sucks! :-( xxx

Awww hun! I know how you feel. The same thing happened valentines day last year where I didn't even get a card. I cried all day!!! Well at least he knows now and will hopefully make more of an effort in future. Men are rubbish sometimes although sounds like he was half way there this time!! Xxx

Awww hun! I know how you feel. The same thing happened valentines day last year where I didn't even get a card. I cried all day!!! Well at least he knows now and will hopefully make more of an effort in future. Men are rubbish sometimes although sounds like he was half way there this time!! Xxx

Yeah in his own way he really did try with the card and taking me out and paying for everything...and he was so sweet to me all day. In his culture they just don't bother with cards and presents all they do is phone and wish happy birthday.....I guess he did a bit better than Xmas so maybe in a few years I'll have him fully trained, lol xx

I would have also had a tantrum! That is crap hun. It's good that he took you out but he should be doing that anyway! Oh i'd be thinking of a few things to deprive him of if I were you!

I would have also had a tantrum! That is crap hun. It's good that he took you out but he should be doing that anyway! Oh i'd be thinking of a few things to deprive him of if I were you!

Yeah it is crap, you're right. Guess I'm just not one of those lucky people who always get spoilt rotten on their birthday - my family have never bothered and now I've married a man who is the same. Need to lower my expectations I guess then I won't be so disappointed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back