HAIR??!!

toolost101

Reaction score
forgive me, i know this is nothing to do with ttc, but my hair is dyed brown, but to boost my self-confidence, i was thinking of going blonde/ can i dye my hair blonde if my hair is syed brown, please does anyone know?

thanks x

yes you can - after my m/c I felt I needed a drastic change so I recently went from brown to very blonde - If you hair is dark brown I suggest you go to a reputable hairdresser as they will use decent products - otherwise using the do it yourself kits can mean that your hair may not come out the colour you wish for!! I used to do it myself but I learned the hard way and now go to the hairdressers. I only ever do it in the summer and then go back to brown for winter!!

If you think you may be pregnant do not dye it with any products that may harm baby... the packaging may tell you if safe or ask the hairdresser.

have fun being blonde!

:p

Hi

I'm blonde - my true colour is very dark blonde... i've been high lighted blonde mostly all my grown up life. But I went through a faze of wanting to be very dark brown. I coloured it myself but with having high lites it didn't take evenly. Anyway afetr about 6 months I wanted rid... I wanted my highted blonde back. I went to the hairdressers this time. They managed to put a few different coloured high lites through to make it look natural. It did take ages to do a ful head of foils (also very expensive) but it looked brilliant. I had a few strands of brown, a few blonde and a few very very blonde. It looked so natural. Over a time of having more and more blone high lites I ended up with too much blonde. I wne tback and got a few brown low lites.

Good luck. I don't know if blondes have more fun but it's a nice colour! I've been blonde, brown, red, pink (mistake that ended up my favourite) and white!

Hi Hayley

You sound like me with all the hair colours ha ha ha I have learnt my lesson with home die kits. I ended up green once because I went from red to brown to blonde and had to result to washing my hair in Ketcup to take the green away.

I am now blonde with a few brown pulled through and only now use a hairdresser for all colouring.

Toolost good luck with the new blonde locks

Sarah
x

iam a qualified hairdresser although i dont do it anymore
if u wanna go blonde when ur dyed brown it all depends on the amount of warmth eg red there is in the brown dye as blonde hair has no red in it and red is the hardest colour ro lift out of hair thats why some ppl end up with dodgy colours when they do it them selves lol i would go and have a consultation b4 do anything to it otherwise u might wish u had stayed brown lol

hope i helped

thanks for all your advice, i have done it today, it hasn't gone the blonde i wanted, but it has gone really alot lighter, like a dark blonde, which is probably best rather than going pure blonde, the only trouble is, that i didn.t realise how deep my roots are, coz they are so much lighter than the rest of my hair!! LOl :? so, its good news that it doesn't look totally awful, thank god, thanks for all the advice girls,

shelz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back