• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair highlighting

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know if it is safe to get your hair highlighted in the first trimester? I have an appointment for a full head on 23rd November and I'll be 11 weeks. I can't seem to find any good info online so I thought I'd ask you lovely ladies!

Any advice would be appreciated :) x x

High lights are ok as the dye doesn't come in to contact with your scalp :)

Its personal choice anyway to dye your hair many people have said they have done it and its been fine. As for me I'm not doing it till baby is out again, I know I have long wait but I want the permant hair dye off my hair lol sick of strips...

Its safe to highlight but you need to tell your hairdresser you are pregnant. Some dyes react differently because of hormone changes and your hair can go a bit freaky. Ring them and tell them how far along you will be. If they sound not very confident than don't let them do it xxxxxxx

I had mine done last week and just told the chap and he made sure none went near my scalp. Hair is dead once its out your scalp so your fine.

Hey hun I'm a hairdresser and personally have never heard any horror stories coming directly from using colour in the first tri. Highlights are fine as there not on the scalp, the only thing is as been said before the colours can do strange things to ur hair as they re-act to ur hormones but you'll prob be okay! Ur 11 weeks anyway so I'd say go for it. Iv already coloured my hair and will be end of the week when I'm 11 weeks xxx

And hair isn't dead when its out the scalp. Hence why it can change colours whilst pregnant because of the hormones and mineralls ect that keep it alive lol x

hi

i had mine highlighted when i was 6 weeks and experienced no problems and im 11 weeks today so wouldnt worry too much about it :)

I have found a local salon that does Herbal Hair dye which works just as well as normal hair dye apparently, I will let you know :) normally a decent purple..

how comes it cant touch the scalp, im normally a bright red colour and was thinking of doing it again am i better off not to? x

Thank you for all your advice girlies. Think i will go ahead with my app but just let my hair dresser know that I am preg :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back